BMR Suspension New Product-Drag Lowering Springs for Mustang SP068/SP075

BMR Suspension 1.5-inch Drag Race Lowering Springs for
’05-’14 Mustang GT & GT500
SP068
SP075

Increase traction and add an aggressive look to your Mustang GT or GT500 with Drag Race Lowering Springs from BMR Suspension. Manufactured from chrome silicon high-tensile spring wire, these springs are cold wound on a CNC coiling machine that can adjust the spring diameter in real time to ensure that every spring is exactly the same. The BMR Lowering Springs (SP068 – Mustang GT, SP075 - GT500) feature finely tuned spring heights, giving you all the stored energy needed for great weight transfer and increased traction. These springs will drop your 2005-2014 Mustang GT or GT500 approximately 1.5-inches and feature a fine-tuned spring rate (150 lb/in front and 160 lb/in rear, Mustang GT) (165 lb/in front and 160 lb/in rear, GT500). This makes it the perfect spring for any Mustang that regularly seeing the drag strip. BMR designed the SP068 and SP075 springs for drag race and street performance applications. If you don’t regularly use your car on the drag strip, this is not the spring for you. Like all BMR lowering springs, the SP068 and SP075 has a LIFETIME guarantee against spring sag. Available in red powdercoat for long-lasting good looks. Installation time is about 2-3 hours. Proudly made in the U.S.A.!

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email [email protected], or contact them at BMR Suspension, 928 Sligh Ave, Seffner, FL 33584, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.
SP068_1600_zpsi8h6nvq5.jpg

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive been looking to swap out my Ford Racing K-springs due to the harsh ride. My car is used as a weekend car and it sees the track a few times a year. I'm assuming with the spring rates in the 150/160 range that these springs will make the car ride close to stock?

BMR Tech

You are absolutely correct.

You will not be able to tell the difference in ride, with these new Drag Springs...compared to OEM..

Rates start becoming noticeable (ride quality) once you go higher than about 180lb/in.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
what kind of difference would I see with these springs in the 60' and 330' departments in my mt82 turbo car versus the factory springs? As long as I can get the car on and off the trailer without scrape city thatd be good. When I make tighter turns with my slicks on I hear some rub from the rear currently, would these curb that? (28" slick)

strange strut question as well, at full loose I would expect the nose of the car to rise a lot when goosing it on the street and I really don't feel it. However I know the struts are adjusting because at full loose it is easier to pull the front of the car up by hand on a fender versus when full tight I cant lift the front by grabbing the fender. Is that typical? Will the addition of BMR springs add to front end rise?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I now have these on the car along with a BMR k-member and a-arms. These springs ride so much better than my k-springs that it isn't even a comparison. With the drag radials warmed up the car feels like it wants to pull the front tires from a first gear roll :)

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I now have these on the car along with a BMR k-member and a-arms. These springs ride so much better than my k-springs that it isn't even a comparison. With the drag radials warmed up the car feels like it wants to pull the front tires from a first gear roll :)

Pics! Pics! Pics!

stang910

Established Member
I put the SP068 springs on my car a couple weeks ago. These springs are exactly what I've been looking for. Here's a couple pics I took real quick.

IMAG0010_zpstscpvhn9.jpg

IMAG0011_zpsitrfntcj.jpg

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Thats too low... Kelly throw me a bone! we need a 3/4 to 1" drop drag spring... Stockers are perfect with a 100lb blower on the the front, now that I took a 100lbs off the front I'm starting to see too much wheel gap :/

I'm not a fan of dragging on every curb or speed bump in the neighborhood...

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Thats too low... Kelly throw me a bone! we need a 3/4 to 1" drop drag spring... Stockers are perfect with a 100lb blower on the the front, now that I took a 100lbs off the front I'm starting to see too much wheel gap :/

Keep in mind that is a 28" rear 26" front tire setup. Our cars are probably similar in weight in the front and the only thing that touches on my car is the air dam on steep inclines.

BMR Tech

I put the SP068 springs on my car a couple weeks ago. These springs are exactly what I've been looking for. Here's a couple pics I took real quick.

IMAG0010_zpstscpvhn9.jpg

IMAG0011_zpsitrfntcj.jpg

Ask and you shall recieve

View attachment 40680

Hell to the YES gentlemen.

Great looking rides, and I am very glad to know you guys are happy with out SP068 Springs. I put a lot of time into those damn things. I am happy with how they came out. :-D

Sorry sir, I can't keep coming up with springs to make, boss man will kick me where it counts. It was hard enough for me to convince him to let me make a spring for Drag and Handling for both the GT and GT500. It's A LOT of work.

I did not spec any of our springs out around looks, but rather, what heights typically work best for this S197 Chassis. A car that sits at the heights of S197's on our springs, just simply work better.

For a more milder/lesser drop, and good drag performance use, I would recommend looking into possibly using a V6 front spring, and a coilover kit, or something like the Revan Racing Dead Hooker spring kit out back.

On that note Scott....maybe, just maybe you could try out a hybrid BMR Kit. You could do the GT500 rear performance spring, with the GT500 Front Drag Spring. The rear rate would be a touch higher than I like, but a Viking Shock would help you out. Just a thought.

Flyin '85

Established Member
Kelly,
In general would these springs ride better than the BMR handling springs ?? The number I have on the rears is SP012

Flyin '85

Established Member
Guys with these springs installed, how is the handling ???? Is is still OK for a spirited blast down an off ramp once in a while ???

stang910

Established Member
Guys with these springs installed, how is the handling ???? Is is still OK for a spirited blast down an off ramp once in a while ???

I run my car with no front sway bar and I can tell I don't have a handling spring but it's not bad at all. To me they are a lot like the stock springs just slightly stiffer.

bmoney50

Established Member

I agree 100% only reason I haven't bought them already.

BMR Tech

I am not sure where you guys drive your cars, but our 2011 has been this low or lower for 4+ years and 30K miles, and I don't recall ever bottoming out. lol

Users who are viewing this thread