BMR Suspension New Product-Drag Lowering Springs for Mustang SP068/SP075

BMR Tech

It's not bad at all actually. Pretty easy with a low profile jack. But yes, ramps make things a hell of alot easier. Especially if you modify them. Jacks are a pita regardless. ;)

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
I held out lowering my car for that same reason, I didn't want to deal with a lowered vehicle bottoming out and having a rough ride. Kelly convinced me that it was really the way to go to reach my goals. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the BMR SP068 coils along with a bunch of other BMR goodies. He was right. The car sits perfect, ride is smooth. And I have not once bottomed out on anything. My only regret is not lowering the car sooner.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I love these drag springs, have always used BMR on my F-boats and was very happy to see you guys make S197 stuff. The ride is great, running them with Koni STR t front struts and rear shocks. I get compliments all the time with regard to the way the car sits/looks :D

In fact a buddy just got them because he loved the way my car looked, we just got them in last week along with BMR adj panhard/panhard bracket and installed Friday night. He is on a weld rts setup and it looks ****ing incredible now!

For the guys that are holding out for fear of bottoming out, don't!!!! I have had no issues. I really don't consider this very low, but I also daily'd a C5Z for 5 years that was lowered all the way on stock bolts with longtubes. You become very aware of road hazards and shitty driveways :D

Last edited:

toomnymods

Established Member
kelly would you reccomend swapping springs in my case? I don't know what model springs I have but i bought them from you about 1.5 yrs ago. what is the diffrence from the old springs and these? I'm wanting to focus on dragracing but not sure if the changes between the two springs would be worth the dough to buy these? i already have the full setup you reccomended to me strange adjustable struts, and viking double adjustable rears and all the other bmr goodies..

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
kelly would you reccomend swapping springs in my case? I don't know what model springs I have but i bought them from you about 1.5 yrs ago. what is the diffrence from the old springs and these? I'm wanting to focus on dragracing but not sure if the changes between the two springs would be worth the dough to buy these? i already have the full setup you reccomended to me strange adjustable struts, and viking double adjustable rears and all the other bmr goodies..

I believe the rates on the standard BMR drop springs are not much higher than the drag drop springs, maybe 10-15lbs. I would personally keep them if I already had them in, but would be interested in Kelley's input. I know he did more than just change rates.

BMR Tech

Man, I bet we shipped over 50 sets of these SP068 springs today. They are flying out of our facility. Word is spreading, that is for sure.

I anticipate running out of stock here soon, but we should be able to get more in within a month or so. If you want them now, better order them soon.

My friend and customer GRNENVY just threw a set on his car. Man does this thing just make me giggle. Bottom 9 second car, soon to be into the 8's.

11054804_10206692265495427_7818905447105791161_n.jpg

I am not a Vert fan....but I would rock this car all day everyday!

BMR Tech

I held out lowering my car for that same reason, I didn't want to deal with a lowered vehicle bottoming out and having a rough ride. Kelly convinced me that it was really the way to go to reach my goals. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the BMR SP068 coils along with a bunch of other BMR goodies. He was right. The car sits perfect, ride is smooth. And I have not once bottomed out on anything. My only regret is not lowering the car sooner.

Rich! My man! I am happy to know that you enjoy them.

Gotta say, when your car was up at our shop the other day, I couldnt help but keep on looking at it. That car is one awesome looking machine. Post some pics up in here when you get a chance sir. I know you gotta be thrilled with how that thing turned out, every customer who came to BMR that day was drooling all over it. ;)

I love these drag springs, have always used BMR on my F-boats and was very happy to see you guys make S197 stuff. The ride is great, running them with Koni STR t front struts and rear shocks. I get compliments all the time with regard to the way the car sits/looks :D

In fact a buddy just got them because he loved the way my car looked, we just got them in last week along with BMR adj panhard/panhard bracket and installed Friday night. He is on a weld rts setup and it looks ****ing incredible now!

For the guys that are holding out for fear of bottoming out, don't!!!! I have had no issues. I really don't consider this very low, but I also daily'd a C5Z for 5 years that was lowered all the way on stock bolts with longtubes. You become very aware of road hazards and shitty driveways :D

Thank you. It really means alot, and I am super happy to know that you are a BMR customer / fan / supporter for both our GM and Ford product lines. What is funny is, I used to race some F-Bodies back in the 2000-2003 timeframe, and used some BMR stuff. I was always happy with them. Fast forward to 6 years ago, and I heard a rumor they were looking for a knowledgeable Ford guy to come in and take over the Ford side of things....I was like "Wait, what? BMR makes Ford parts?" LOL!!! Here I am now, and bias aside, our operation and products are truly amazing. It was an eye opener as well, due to the fact I had so much experience with so many other companies and brands. Knowing all the issues I had with just about every part I ever used on my Mustangs (79-04), and experiencing "how it is made" at BMR, really made me wonder about those parts I used in the past.

Long time no talk! How is the car running? Still NA, or did you go with a poweradder yet? Trans holding up?

As for your springs, keep the SP009s. They are too proven to spend additional cash to swap them out. If I thought they would help, I would tell ya....we all like to make money. ;)

I believe the rates on the standard BMR drop springs are not much higher than the drag drop springs, maybe 10-15lbs. I would personally keep them if I already had them in, but would be interested in Kelley's input. I know he did more than just change rates.

Basically, the SP068 and SP009 rear springs are essentially the same.

The SP068 front springs are about 15lb/in less than the SP009 fronts.

I just added a little height, changed the coil design slightly, and removed a little rate from them. Small changes, but damn do they work.

The primary reason I chose to go ahead and create the other springs we now offer, is because I was so tired of people labeling our SP009 springs as a drag oriented spring. They became VERY popular for drag racers, simply because they are the softest lowering spring....but they still improved overall performance and handling. As a matter of fact, the new S550 Performance Pack, ironically, shares the same rate as our SP009 Front at 165lbs/in. Imagine that! ;)

So the SP009 is a slightly stiffer than stock spring, that lowers the car to a perfect height to work with out geometry improving parts like our RLCA Relos, and UCA Mounts etc. It is, IMO, the best overall performance improving spring on the planet.

The SP068, I wanted to offer so the majority of the consumers would not label our performance spring as a drag spring.

The SP065, well....I upped the rates to 240F/200R on that, and it is specifically designed for handling improvement.

It worked. I no longer get 10 calls a day asking "will your SP009 improve handling, because everyone online that uses them drag races" - We have a specific spring for each use, for a GT and GT500....and they are all designed to set the car in roughly the same position due to the fact that we engineered our supporting pieces, around that geometry.

;-)

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Thank you. It really means alot, and I am super happy to know that you are a BMR customer / fan / supporter for both our GM and Ford product lines. What is funny is, I used to race some F-Bodies back in the 2000-2003 timeframe, and used some BMR stuff. I was always happy with them. Fast forward to 6 years ago, and I heard a rumor they were looking for a knowledgeable Ford guy to come in and take over the Ford side of things....I was like "Wait, what? BMR makes Ford parts?" LOL!!! Here I am now, and bias aside, our operation and products are truly amazing. It was an eye opener as well, due to the fact I had so much experience with so many other companies and brands. Knowing all the issues I had with just about every part I ever used on my Mustangs (79-04), and experiencing "how it is made" at BMR, really made me wonder about those parts I used in the past.

When I find something good, I stick with it :beer:

The 99 has BMR everything, drop springs, K-Member, front lower control arms, rear LCAs, adj panhard, strut tower brace...damn thing drives and handles like a Shifter Kart :D

Here is the 14 on BMR drag springs, little gap in the rear fender do to 305/35/18s, a 40 series would have filled the rear wheel wells better...

11vl2s6.jpg

110lonl.jpg

2qi8x11.jpg

BMR Drag/Drop Springs on my buddies car

29w4xg9.jpg

16gzcr9.jpg

Last edited:

toomnymods

Established Member
Long time no talk! How is the car running? Still NA, or did you go with a poweradder yet? Trans holding up?

As for your springs, keep the SP009s. They are too proven to spend additional cash to swap them out. If I thought they would help, I would tell ya....we all like to make money. ;)

Well I got just about all the supporting mods to do my twinsetup, McLeod RXT clutch, autometer gauges, turbosmart E2 boost controller, Fore stage 3 fuel system, Boss manifold, ID1300's, TSS oil pump gears, Trick Flow stage 2 valve springs, ATI balancer/damper..
Really ticks me off i've got like 7-8k of parts already. I was just to the point of finally getting to save for the twin armageddon kit and the overtime has officially dried up at my job. :fm: They have actually had about 1,400 people laid off this year at bell helicopter thanks to obama and his damn obamacare that is forcing gigantic military cutbacks..
Luckily i have about 25 aircraft painters under me so i should be fairly safe unless they layoff about a 1,000 more. Usually painters are some of the last to get laid off as our operations are the very last procedure before the customer gets thier parts or aircraft.

Outlaw14GT

Established Member
Kelly, Do you still have these Springs in stock? Ive looked about everywhere and cant seem to find any in stock. Thanks!

BMR Tech

We have them in stock. Takes about 1-2 days to get them shipped out, as we have to assemble the kits.

Outlaw14GT

Established Member
Does Summit carry these or does it come directly from you? I see they have them it says ships today so I was curious.

BMR Tech

If the listing on our parts on Summit says "Today" then that means they have then in stock.

If it says Tomorrow, or anything else, then that means they will come from us....OR they will ship form Summit when they get another stock order form us. Summit stocks 934 of our part #'s.

Outlaw14GT

Established Member
Ok cool, already ordering a bunch from them so just gonna add it on.

Thanks for your help! looking forward to seeing how these do!

Users who are viewing this thread