BMR vs WHITE LINE suspension

implosive

Established Member
I had the whiteline uca on my gt. it was starting to fail like you've seen in the other thread. They instantly credited back the money as well as fully covered the removal and install for UCA of my choice. I have two other whiteline products on my car that are rock solid. I would and will definitely buy one of their products again when im in the market to do so.

There's plenty of people with full bmr, full whiteline, full upr ect. setups that are doing great on here. no need to bash any company, especially from other venders just to make some $$$

BMR Tech

I would honestly like for this thread to not become a bash-fest towards either company. Of course, I cannot control that, so....it will take the course that the posters choose.

I would like to clarify, that I respect Whiteline, and what they have done in the Suspension world (bushings, primarily). They make a great bushing, would never argue that.

To be honest, we do not see WL as a "direct" competitor....and I really don't believe a comparison of BMR and WL is a good comparison. They offer components that are more catered towards handling-performance, we offer "all-around performance" suspension components.

There are shining aspects of each company's components, I just think our shine is a little brighter. ;-)

Eric@jpc

Established Member
BMR IMO has the best product for the S197 street cars.

In extreme Drag racing cars there are a few parts i would swap out but for over all street use BMR in my opinion is the best. There stuff is tested tried and true. Its also the suspension that most companies knock off 1st. So that in its self speaks volumes. BMR is always changing stuff trying to make it better.

BMR Tech

BMR IMO has the best product for the S197 street cars.

In extreme Drag racing cars there are a few parts i would swap out but for over all street use BMR in my opinion is the best. There stuff is tested tried and true. Its also the suspension that most companies knock off 1st. So that in its self speaks volumes. BMR is always changing stuff trying to make it better.

Wow, I was not expecting a reply like that.

That means a lot coming from an organization like JPC, we truly appreciate that Eric.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I am not defensive one bit.

I was simply pointing out that the OP wants experience feedback.

Not to turn this into a bashing fest, but, I am sure that the many people who researched their UCA decision, decided the WL was also the best, and that is probably why they purchased it. We all know how that went down. Props to them for working on the solution, but, if that UCA went through the same steps in testing as their other components, well...

LOL +1

While I do have a whiteline front sway bar now and will add a rear sway bar from them shortly as they were on backorder, That whole UCA mess was ugly.

also, everything else is BMR, UCA+bracket, LCA+relos, Panhard bar etc. and they are supper quiet with Ford Synthetic based grease I got from advanced auto or or autzone forget which.

I imagine they'd be better with a better grease. So whiteline really cannot be that much quieter.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

we have the full spring kit on the red car, and the rears on the blue car. great stance on both cars

Thanks beef. As you stated in another thread, we are very proud of our S197 Lowering Springs.

The good news is....I have a set of prototypes on my desk right now...and am waiting on several more, for various applications, that I have designed.

I am hoping to have a Spring for every application/use....soon. Testing will take some time though.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Both offer great products and we recommend some items over others. I have ran both companies items in my personal car and love it very much. I personally love their springs. Ride's fantastic, good weight transfer, and the stance is perfect!!

We sell both companies without question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jtaugner

Established Member
I have almost everything from BMR minus sway bars and don't regret a single thing. Instructions were easy to read and clearly written out. Pictures were spot on as well. Fitment was perfect. I run BMR springs with Koni Orange Struts and rides well on the street.

My rear end is a bit noisier but that was to be expected.

SD_Stang

Established Member
I believe they have redesigned that part or were working on that last I heard. To my knowledge that is the only piece that has been an issue with. They are one of the few company's that offer an affordable Watts Link. Also there bushings are on par with poly last longer and don't require grease.

Lethal and Beef both sell Whiteline parts and both of those shops race their cars.

That being said I have a full BMR Rear suspension and replaced another company's parts not Whitelines with BMR's because BMR has grease fittings for there polly parts the other company did not. If you go the poly route that's a big plus instead of re-installing your parts every other year to regrease them. I'll be adding a BMR K-member, Radiator Support, Brace and A-Arms in the future to shave weight up front.

WHITELINE

Established Member
It seems like BMR and Whiteline tend to be compared to one another lately and although its easy to get caught up with brand loyalty.... the reality is we both do things well. Some products are better than others, others are more suitable for specific needs better than others. We've all had failures and made our mistakes.... the internet does a good job of documenting those experiences.

Its important to recognize that we both engineer products for specific reasons and have our own philosophies of suspension tuning. We've benchmark plenty of competitor parts and BMR is exceptional with some parts. Upon reviews we respect the fact that BMR actually 'innovates' and does appear to take its time to think about the complexity of suspension.

One of the biggest differences between WHITELINE and others starts with the philosophy. We like to tune suspension in a more linear form. We have a long history in hill climbs so we believe driver inputs/outputs to be the single biggest factor in spirited driving. That means tuning starts with our bushings. We test underneath the vehicle to review how an arm moves, why it moves, when it moves and we manipulate that movement to promote performance. The problem with standard polyurethane bushings is they don't articulate very well and are not as durable. Our formulation has endured the harshest environment known to man.... we've had our products place on the top 3 podium spots in Dakar rally where sand, salt, water, mud, gravel are abundant. Our bushings have a lifetime warranty on them because they retain grease very well. That is why we don't have grease fittings on our arms. We utilize a grease retention system that allows us to claim a zero maintenance, zero squeek, and lifetime warranty on our bushings.

Through our engineered bushings, we can control certain movements to stiffen suspension or improve grip but allow the arm to articulate in other axis. The OEM engineers are allot smarter than we give them credit. We must understand when they do something there typically is a reason, albeit it is often a cost related reason. Stiffening up arms to lock 2 points together only transfers the load somewhere else, typically the stock rubber bushings do all the absorbing. Its important we recognize our cars are not tube chassis F1 and are not driven on smooth race tracks. The suspension needs to articulate to some degree and general consumers do care about NVH levels. The basis of our designs starts manipulating suspension movements..... NOT eliminating movement.

I will also say that with Whiteline you will have uncanning product support over the life of the product. Even parts that are used and abused were taken care of. We won't shy away from issues and hide our weaknesses, our approach has always been to use those situations to strengthen our product, design, and intelligence. We tend to think consumers are smart enough to figure out issues and talk among one another so the better products usually end up winning regardless of how we market or what we say.

Cheers!

Tom

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Good post Tom.

There is no doubt that your bushings are a great design.

And you are 100% correct about the philosophy difference. That is also what makes the offerings on the market interesting, instead of everyone being the same.

In terms of product offering, there is no doubt that your operation has some nice suspension components available. There is also no doubt about your bushings being a nice "perk" for your customer base.

At the end of the day, there are so many aspects to these components that could be compared, it is mind boggling. Bushings are a very important piece of the puzzle, but so is the actual design and engineering of the component itself. If one company has a better physical product design, and the next has a better bushing, it makes for interesting comparisons, for sure.

Good post, I was hoping you would chime in.

Drufuss

Established Member
I have BMR springs, lca, adj uca, mount, phb, relo brackets, and couldn't be happier. The customer service was second to none, and the products seem as sturdy as anvils. AND my car looks like some shit out of a magazine with that killer stance!

Sounds like you can't go wrong either way though. Good luck

poof100

Established Member
I'm running the BMR HD mount with JPC's UCA, BMR LCA Relo Brackets with billet Metco LCA and the BMR PHB and everything seems to work well! First time out with the car, had a best 60' of 1.42. Highly Recommend the BMR pieces, quality stuff. :rockon:

Laloosh

Established Member
I had JM lca's and ripped a bushing. Threw them out and ordered the BMR lca's and they have been flawless since. I also had the whiteline UCA and it was horrible. Outside of the thing almost splitting in half you could not adjust pinion angle or AS to where you need it on a stock ride heigh car. I did not know this until I got the car. However after the metal fatigued and deformed I simply ordered the BMR uca and mount which has been flawless outside of the jam nut coming loose once so far. Either was I notice zero additional nvh over whitleline with the full BMR set up. My vote would be for BMR but that's just me as I should have gone with them from the get go.

WHITELINE

Established Member
Good post Tom.

There is no doubt that your bushings are a great design.

And you are 100% correct about the philosophy difference. That is also what makes the offerings on the market interesting, instead of everyone being the same.

In terms of product offering, there is no doubt that your operation has some nice suspension components available. There is also no doubt about your bushings being a nice "perk" for your customer base.

At the end of the day, there are so many aspects to these components that could be compared, it is mind boggling. Bushings are a very important piece of the puzzle, but so is the actual design and engineering of the component itself. If one company has a better physical product design, and the next has a better bushing, it makes for interesting comparisons, for sure.

Good post, I was hoping you would chime in.
Agreed on all accounts. I think the responsibility lies with the customers and shops to use these products and come up with their own conclusions on how they can help the customers. I don't like to chime in on every post Whiteline is mentioned, I think the market is smart enough to put Whiteline in its place when appropriate, which is why I don't find the need to always promote how our product is right for them when I know nothing about their drivers intentions.

We'll be the last people on earth to ever advocate for buying every single one of our components, that might sound crazy but its the truth. Because every person, every driver behaves differently, drives differently, interprets NVH differently, reacts to gyroscopic forces differently -- we believe suspension should be modified incrementally. So although we do like to move product and make money..... we understand that in different situations and circumstances certain products shine better than others and sometimes that means using a product mix of various brands.

The important thing is that we both continue to innovate and challenge what the Mustang can do. Its a great car but there are definitely some design challenges so instead of fighting over each individual sales, which looks like the customary approach among manufacturers; we are more interested in making the Mustang better for a wider range of drivers thus more people will be buying and racing these cars. When the pie grows we all win :) :beer:

We know our thinking and philosophies are different enough that there is a relevant market for us. We're happy with our progress and just want to make sure we're not just playing 'me too' and maintain our focus on Engineering instead of taking cheap shots. We've found that companies cannot lead if they are always focused on other companies.

You guys also make a great product range and provide incredible value to the community, even we will appreciate that. We've taken some jabs and we're ok with that, we know we're looked at as the new guy, so all things aside, we're happy to be apart of this evolutionary process. No one... stops evolution!

U CAN'T C ME

Established Member
My car is at JPC now getting BMR springs,panhard,LCA,relocation brackets,JPC UCA,and strange 10 way adjustable shocks on all four corners. I cant report on the mustang suspension but I can say on my 00 WS6 T/A BMR suspension worked flawlessly car ran consistently in the low elevens and went straight every time. I had no noise issues at all. This is why im a repeat customer for my mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread