BMW introduces color changing tech

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
After first teasing it a few weeks ago, BMW today officially unwrapped its color-changing car at CES. The BMW iX Flow, as the German automaker has dubbed this experimental vehicle, is wrapped in what is basically a form of e-paper, which BMW developed in cooperation with E Ink.

As of now, we’re only talking about black and white as color options (with a few shades of grey in between), but that could change over time. And because just like your Kindle’s screen doesn’t use any energy after the content has changed, the iX Flow’s electrophoretic technology doesn’t use any energy either after you’ve set up your preferred color and design.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just what the auto industry needs in such uncertain times. A tech announcement that "is only an experiment, with no ETA for when — or if — it’ll come to a production car."

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It needs a chameleon type camo to change to blend perfectly with the surrounding water. LOL.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
It won’t be cheap or practical, but I’m all for it. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to paint my cars. This would be an alternative

Users who are viewing this thread