Bob's Oil Separator - Limited time no charge for powdercoat options.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
For limited time, we will not be charging an upcharge for powder coating on our oil separators. All of our vendors will have this as well.

Catch Cans / Oil Separators

Get a truly engineered oil separator that will not leave you second guessing your choice.

Others brands have basic design flaws such as as exposed outlet with nothing to prevent oil from being sloshed out and into your intake. This is impossible with a Bob's unit. The small inline style ALL have this problem.

Get the unit that has been proven time and time again with a nice savings right now :D Thanks!!

-MADE IN USA -DESIGNED & MANUFACTURED IN HOUSE -

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I was going to create a separate post but this is a good time to address a few items. I ordered a Ultimate Separator in Matte Black. The unit is very nice and I was impressed with the finish and completeness of the kit.

First, why isn't the bracket that attaches to the pad drilled for the second bolt hole and the tabs for the wiring harness? I did mine and don't understand why you wouldn't do that since the part is already getting drilled once.

034.jpg

Second, even better why not design the bracket to go UNDER the pad. You already include a longer bolt. A second bolt, two nuts and drilling the bracket for two holes would allow it to bolt underneath for a cleaner installation. I tried that but the canister was too low and hitting on the A/C line. However, you could adjust the design to raise the canister in relation to the bracket and have a much better overall design.

Last item, why not direct the upper port to the motor, instead of to the front of the vehicle? Then, the 90* elbow would direct the hose back towards the firewall. That would give the hose a single, gradual 90* bend from the canister and then turn to the blower. Now, the hose is aimed at the blower and it must make two 90* bends to get to the back of the blower.

046.jpg

If you decide on any of these changes, I expect a new unit for my suggestions. :beer:

I am not slamming your product and bought it because I felt it was the best on the market. However, standing still allows the competition to gain ground on you.

I look forward to your response.

Tom

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
Forgive me on the newbie here, but I am normally in the GT/Boss forums and my Boss runs custom breathers and will be going to custom tanks once we turn up the boost.

My dad's stock 13 GT500 is looking to get a few mods, mainly the Oil separators. It looks like at least the Passenger side is needed for the GT500 motor if not on both sides.

Not trying to bash or start a war or anything, but with some new improvements with another brand out there, how much different/better are the Bob's separators still working? Trying to advise him on which ones to buy.

Thanks!

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Thanks for comments Tom, will take a look at them more in depth. I have always appreciated all info from the forums and if you look at our 20+ page oil separator thread in the other gt500 section you can see we make improvements that are given. Sincere thanks :D

Poof : Well being that the new improved other brand has yet to supply their updated unit, I can't say for certain, but in general :

Bobs has larger canister than other 3 brands that are "inline" style. The larger can, larger hoses, allow the air to slow down and cool more, and allow for better filtering.

The entire Bob's lower section of the can is filter material, more filter = better filtering. Also the air flow is perpendicular to the outlet, so anything left over is not likely to 'bounce' out.

Also since the oil sits in the bottom, and the filter is in the bottom, the oil is locked into place and can not move. All inline brands have nothing holding the now liquid oil in place, nor do they have anything preventing oil from splashing into the completely open outlet.

If you go over a speed bump, hit a pot hole, torque for hard launch, the oil wont move in a Bob's unit.

Of course looks are subjective, but I like mods that stand out and look good. I think the AN fittings, Russel hose, color options, are great :D Let me know if I can help further and hope you and your Dad enjoy your GT500!

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
Thanks for comments Tom, will take a look at them more in depth. I have always appreciated all info from the forums and if you look at our 20+ page oil separator thread in the other gt500 section you can see we make improvements that are given. Sincere thanks :D

Poof : Well being that the new improved other brand has yet to supply their updated unit, I can't say for certain, but in general :

Bobs has larger canister than other 3 brands that are "inline" style. The larger can, larger hoses, allow the air to slow down and cool more, and allow for better filtering.

The entire Bob's lower section of the can is filter material, more filter = better filtering. Also the air flow is perpendicular to the outlet, so anything left over is not likely to 'bounce' out.

Also since the oil sits in the bottom, and the filter is in the bottom, the oil is locked into place and can not move. All inline brands have nothing holding the now liquid oil in place, nor do they have anything preventing oil from splashing into the completely open outlet.

If you go over a speed bump, hit a pot hole, torque for hard launch, the oil wont move in a Bob's unit.

Of course looks are subjective, but I like mods that stand out and look good. I think the AN fittings, Russel hose, color options, are great :D Let me know if I can help further and hope you and your Dad enjoy your GT500!

Thanks Steve, appreciate the information and the highlights of the product, definitely appreciate it. I agree that I like the powder coated look and the black fittings etc. This definitely helps with our future purchase though and the direction I'm going to advise my dad on his 13 GT500.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread