Bogus DWI???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
In some states such as California, the legal limit may be .08, however the "presumption level" can differ according to circumstances. If you are involved in a collision and you have a BAC of .06, you will be charged with DUI since it will be a contributing factor to the accident.

sbro712

Established Member
punky said:
Someone on here said Listerine could put you 0.02? Is that true? Its a bit worrying how mouthwash would get you a DWI in some states, while putting you on the limit at others. Do it twice, and you're illegal everywhere.

Mouthwash only registers on the PBT or the Intox 5000 if you drink right (and I mean seconds) before blowing.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
V8MstngPwr said:
In a related post in the pub, I wrecked my Cobra last night. The officer subjected me to a breath test. I blew a .06, which is .02 below the legal limit. However, they are telling me that because I am 19 the legal limit is .02 so I am being charged with a DWI? Is this a bogus charge? What do I do?

If the legal drinking age is 21, then you are screwed!
If you are below the legal drinking age, they allow for a small amount of alcohol to be present in your blood because of the various medications and antiseptics that have an alcohol base. But you shouldnt exceed .02 unless you are consuming EtOh.

The only thing that is bogus is that you were drinking illegally and decided to drive! :rolleyes:

97NA_Cobra

Established Member
mswaim said:
In some states such as California, the legal limit may be .08, however the "presumption level" can differ according to circumstances. If you are involved in a collision and you have a BAC of .06, you will be charged with DUI since it will be a contributing factor to the accident.

You're right about that, but if you are under 21 it's still zero tolerance in CA. I think that whole thing about listerine is bogus, you're not suppose to swallow the shit.

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
yea it actually tells you not to swallow it. something about it being bad for you, just like toothpaste. but yea you should have known you can get a dui with any BAC cause you are under age. or did you think you dont apply to the BAC limit because you are not of age?

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
I know I'm hijacking this thread, but I've always wondered this....

If someone lives at sea level and goes on vacation at a high altitude, (lets say 5000 ft, Denver area) alcohol has a much more intense impact on their abilities. Does their BAC change with the altitude?? Just incase I'm making no sense, consider this: If i drink a beer at sea level I'll get a .02 BAC, if I drink that same beer at 5000 feet, do I still have a .02?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Mr.Shortround said:
I know I'm hijacking this thread, but I've always wondered this....

If someone lives at sea level and goes on vacation at a high altitude, (lets say 5000 ft, Denver area) alcohol has a much more intense impact on their abilities. Does their BAC change with the altitude?? Just incase I'm making no sense, consider this: If i drink a beer at sea level I'll get a .02 BAC, if I drink that same beer at 5000 feet, do I still have a .02?

It is a ratio, so the answer is yes. The machine gets calibrated differently at a significantly higher elevation.

Auditory7

Established Member
V8MstngPwr said:
In a related post in the pub, I wrecked my Cobra last night. The officer subjected me to a breath test. I blew a .06, which is .02 below the legal limit. However, they are telling me that because I am 19 the legal limit is .02 so I am being charged with a DWI? Is this a bogus charge? What do I do?
ummm your lucky....your 19. legal age for alcohol is 21....

adamz1le28

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
OK everyone leave this kid alone.

Im willing to bet my Cobra on the fact that everyone in here has driven after having a few beers. It only takes 2 or 3 beers to blow a .06. I have 2 or 3 beers every single day after work before I drive home. Everyone makes mistakes, and our fellow cobra driver here got caught.

Sorry about your car man, is it totalled?

sbro712

Established Member
adamz1le28 said:

Im willing to bet my Cobra on the fact that everyone in here has driven after having a few beers. It only takes 2 or 3 beers to blow a .06. I have 2 or 3 beers every single day after work before I drive home. Everyone makes mistakes, and our fellow cobra driver here got caught.

PM me so I can tell you where to ship your Cobra, cause you lose. Anytime I drink I either take a cab where I am going or ride with a friend.....I am not losing my job over something as stupid as misjudging my BAC. If I am driving, I am not drinking.

And when I was younger (college and the Marine Corps) I never owned a car.....so I was PI alot but never DWI.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
adamz1le28 said:

When should I expect your Cobra in my driveway?

BTW, I will call Bill W. for you!

sbro712

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
When should I expect your Cobra in my driveway?

BTW, I will call Bill W. for you!

No way!! I called it first!!!! :pepper: :beer:

numbaonestunna

Established Member
umm....

punky said:
Sorry you had to learn the hard way, but thanx for sharing... Hopefully it will stop at least 1 other person making the same mistake...

Someone on here said Listerine could put you 0.02? Is that true? Its a bit worrying how mouthwash would get you a DWI in some states, while putting you on the limit at others. Do it twice, and you're illegal everywhere.

You're supposed to *spit out* the listerine, not drink it down...

numbaonestunna

Established Member
sorry bro...

adamz1le28 said:

It sounds like you're an alcoholic! Most people can at least wait until they get home before they have to have a brew! At most, I'll take drive with one beer in my system, and even then, I'm hesitant. More than one drink, and I'm getting someone else to drive for me.

Think this through... do you really want to risk life, career, education... everything you've worked for... just to be lazy?

Oh, and yeah, Alcoholics Anonymous for you...

FordSVTFan

Established Member
sbro712 said:
No way!! I called it first!!!! :pepper: :beer:

Can we share it? Like I get it during the week and you have it every other weekend and on holidays, plus two weeks during summer break :burnout:

ThrashN

Do What?
Established Member
V8MstngPwr said:

UN-FN-believable

adamz1le28

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
So you guys are telling me that you have never had 2 beers with your buddies and then driven home?? Give me a break.....

SVTlightning01

SVTLightning01
Established Member
Man leave him alone. having a few beers and driving is allowed. not if your underage i understand. i turned 21 the other day, and driving home after a few beers is fine so everyone shut up.

everyone in here is obviously from shitty towns that dont know how to party

Last edited:

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
...he's underage, there's a no tolerance law, he drank even with a no tolerance law, he gets caught and asks if it's a bogus charge...and you're telling us to shut up? *whap*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread