Bogus DWI???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbro712

Established Member
SVTlightning01 said:
Man leave him alone. having a few beers and driving is allowed. not if your underage i understand. i turned 21 the other day, and driving home after a few beers is fine so everyone shut up.

everyone in here is obviously from shitty towns that dont know how to party

Ummm...no, most of us are adult enought to know not to combine partying and driving....a lesson you may one day be old enough to understand.

V8MstngPwr

Established Member
Didn't intead for this threadto become a bashing on me. I realize that what I did was stupid and I regret as much if not more than any of you know. Thanks for everyone that tried to stop the bashing on me. My main point in posting this was to ask one question that I somehow left out in the original post: What are the odds I get jail time in the event I get convicted? Once again, I know what I did was wrong and I regret it whole heartedly. Hope I can still count all of you as my SVT brothers. Thanks for everything.

sbro712

Established Member
You come one here, admit to drinking, being underage, wrecking your car, want to know if the charges against you are bogus and then wonder about getting bashed?

If your orginal post had been like the one you have just written you wouldn't have needed that flame retardant suit.

If this is the first time you have been before the courts the odds of jail time are slim to none. Here in Tejas, DUI Minor is a ticket....however, you can count on your license getting suspended, a hefty fine/community service and probably some alcohol counseling classes

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
adamz1le28 said:
So you guys are telling me that you have never had 2 beers with your buddies and then driven home?? Give me a break.....

No, I havent. I wont say I dont drink alcohol. But I rarely drink alcohol. If I have one scotch three or four times a year that is a lot. And I never drive if I had any alcohol.

V8MstngPwr

Established Member
sbro712 said:
You come one here, admit to drinking, being underage, wrecking your car, want to know if the charges against you are bogus and then wonder about getting bashed?

I never wondered about getting bashed I merely stated that I didn't intend for the post be that way. Intent is not wondering. But thank you for the info.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Don't you just love having a forum full of parents?? :rollseyes

Quit bashing him. He had a question about a law, which I thought was interesting and valid. He didn't come in here asking whether it is ok to drink and drive. I assume he has parents to answer to and we are not them. He doesn't need to be lectured by us. Everyone has screwed up, done something stupid or that they regret at some point in their life. Just answer his question and let it be.

Hope everything goes well with the Cobra. I have a buddy who is dealing with a DUI right now and it isn't fun. Good luck.

Lawman85

Banned
BreBar21 said:

Quit bashing him. He had a question about a law, which I thought was interesting and valid. He didn't come in here asking whether it is ok to drink and drive. I assume he has parents to answer to and we are not them. He doesn't need to be lectured by us. Everyone has screwed up, done something stupid or that they regret at some point in their life. Just answer his question and let it be.

Hope everything goes well with the Cobra. I have a buddy who is dealing with a DUI right now and it isn't fun. Good luck.

Shocking.....another civilian trying to tell us how to do our jobs.......

DUI is stupid and I have no sympathy for anyone who gets caught doing it. I have worked too many fatality and serious injury wrecks as a result of DUI. I would shoot all of them on site if the courts would let me..... no sympathy.

adamz1le28

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
BreBar21 said:

AMEN to that

:beer:

SVTlightning01

SVTLightning01
Established Member
the next time i am in georgia i will make it a point to get hammered and smash into things

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
BreBar21 said:

Actually, not all parents. Just Adults. That is what happens when you post in a forum moderated by L.E.O.s.

I am sorry you posted in the wrong forum but we dont have a "kiddy section".

Quit bashing him. He had a question about a law, which I thought was interesting and valid. He didn't come in here asking whether it is ok to drink and drive.

He got his answer! The bashing was at no extra charge! Once again, if you ask a question in a forum full of L.E.O.s and admit to your stupidity and want to know how to get out of it, you should expect some type of negative response.

I assume he has parents to answer to and we are not them. He doesn't need to be lectured by us.

There is no evidence of that, yet!

Everyone has screwed up, done something stupid or that they regret at some point in their life. Just answer his question and let it be.

He got his question answered. It may not be in the form you find pleasant or agreeable but that is all part of life.

Breaking the law and getting caught rarely is fun.

numbaonestunna

Established Member
hmm....

Lawman85 said:

DUI is stupid and I have no sympathy for anyone who gets caught doing it. I have worked too many fatality and serious injury wrecks as a result of DUI. I would shoot all of them on site if the courts would let me..... no sympathy.

Can't you get in trouble for saying stuff like that? Just curious, because although I agree with you, I'm just wondering if someone who gets DUI in your area could pull out this post, claim that Lawman85 was abusive to him, show this post as proof of his violent mentality, etc. etc.

I've been seeing a lot of legal cases for my work with bogus "proof" that has made me a bit more skeptical of our legal system... I suppose it's better than the rest, but it's far from perfect!

Lawman85

Banned
numbaonestunna said:
Can't you get in trouble for saying stuff like that? Just curious, because although I agree with you, I'm just wondering if someone who gets DUI in your area could pull out this post, claim that Lawman85 was abusive to him, show this post as proof of his violent mentality, etc. etc.

I've been seeing a lot of legal cases for my work with bogus "proof" that has made me a bit more skeptical of our legal system... I suppose it's better than the rest, but it's far from perfect!

Wasn't there another post on here that said I also have 1st amendment rights??

ChuckV

Established Member
You learned the hard way. Be glad you didn't hit anyone. Don't drink and drive. I won't have 1.

Get a good lawyer. If you get lucky, he'll get it reduced. In most places though, people don't take kindly to underage folks getting drunk and then driving.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
V8MstngPwr said:
In a related post in the pub, I wrecked my Cobra last night. The officer subjected me to a breath test. I blew a .06, which is .02 below the legal limit. However, they are telling me that because I am 19 the legal limit is .02 so I am being charged with a DWI? Is this a bogus charge? What do I do?

It is not a bogus charge. In Illinois there's a zero tolerance policy for those under the age of 21. If you blow a anything over .00 in Illinois, you're charged with a DUI. It's possible that they'll charge you with consumption by a minor in addition to the DUI. I would suggest you find a good lawyer.

V8MstngPwr

Established Member
Lawman85 said:

Big words. We have a lot of cops like you around here... Tough, macho, big men who have a badge and have all the power. Take it easy man, we all understand the anger you have, even me. Nobody is telling you how to do your job. Just relax.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I'm afraid I do not understand the mentality of people who drink and drive, especially after all of the news reports, all of the DMV advertisments and information releases. Not to mention the DUI checkpoints, MADD folks working overtime to get out the word, - the list is endless.

But let's face it, no one said the world was populated with rocket scientists, every day a substantial number of drivers drink and drive and take the risk (and expose others to a risk they did not ask for).

Personally I think the should re-write the dictionary so that the definition for the word STUPID includes the verbage "someone who drinks and drives".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread