Bolt-on c6 Z06 Record: 10.1 @ 134mph

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
thats an incredible pass, but i agree on the track, looks rinkidink and possibly sloping downhill (and i realize a 1% grade is legal 13.2 feet).....wish he'd take that car across the border to an nhra sanctioned track in the states to back up the doubts

regradless, c6z's are animals. i use to love taking mine to hrp and have all the cobra guys tell me how "it's not designed to run straight line very well...hope you aren't expecting much..." :kaboom::lol:

Cuco5.0

Established Member
:coolman:I heard the Cyber Gray Z06's were the slowest...no wonder this one is running good!

obZidian

Established Member
You should know, you drove one down a track once or twice! And this one is an 2008, the fastest year hands down!

Oye loco, K lo k?!

20-COBRA-03

Banned
wow that thing had 9's in it without a doubt. great launch, but the shifts most definately could have been faster

Cuco5.0

Established Member
You should know, you drove one down a track once or twice! And this one is an 2008, the fastest year hands down!

Oye loco, K lo k?!

Ha yup! I don't think god himself could have done any better with the conditions that day! That means whats up whats they do right??!?!?

wow that thing had 9's in it without a doubt. great launch, but the shifts most definately could have been faster

Agreed! A little more power shifting and i think he could have been right on it.

svtmadman

Established Member
The transmission sticks out to me for the biggest gain...Nice runs. Ranger on the CF is the king of stock Z 1/4 miles!

obZidian

Established Member
Not necessarily. Ranger is not the only guy turning fast runs. It really comes down to two things. How willing one is to heat up the stock clutch (it will never recover) and how you manage your launch. The shifting is the second part but that is the easy part. If you want a good time you cannot just clutch dump it and go. And bogging is an issue with a 1st gear that goes to 60mph. It requires a slight slip and just that slight slip will toast the stock clutch.

Morr5.0: You got it!!!

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Congrats! Excellent results sir! I bet you have the guys on CF screaming about valves dropping. Seems like alot of those guys are scared to drive their cars because of all that nonsense. lmao.

Last edited:

obZidian

Established Member
Thanks, but that wasn't me!

Now, the valves themselves are not the issue. The caps or the head of the hollow/sodium filled valves have been shredding cleanly from the stem and destroying a piston. Now, sodium filled valves have been used in LS motors for years now and nothing like this has occurred before. The real problem I see, and this is my opinion, since the factory valve guides are prematurely wearing (installation error, material, both perhaps) maybe there is some deflecting and the valve is hitting the port and snapping the heads right of. Its a very, very clean break, not a tear. Now, add to that perhaps a faulty set of valves (LS7 specific) and I can see where one thing leads to another and blame, there goes your motor. Happens under stock components and power levels let alone a car with an aggressive cam.

The LS7 is a bad, bad biotch but it's not perfect. Just like the termi motors and the new 5.0 for example, sometimes the aftermarket is needed to address a few manufacture problems.

Users who are viewing this thread