Bolt-on c6 Z06 Record: 10.1 @ 134mph

obZidian

Established Member
Seb. from Canada had a good day, to say the least. A 9.99 would be absolutely nuts from a strict bolt-on car, no internal engine modifications. No racecar, fully gutted (mirrors, exhaust, etc.) to achieve it either.

Enjoy.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHu128Mn0oE"]Fastest Canadian Bolt-On C6 Z06 10.125 @ 134.05 mp/h - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

obZidian

Established Member
Bolt-on z06's range anywhere from 490rwhp to maybe 510rwhp, depending on the dyno. 490rwhp is intake/tune/headers. Add a fast manifold and they pick up around 12rwhp (20rwhp+ in the midrange though!) up top and bit more from a tb (5-8rwhp). So, best case is around 510rwhp but that really depends on the dyno. I'd say right around 500rwhp is the norm SAE.

94venomV8

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but that car has a cam in it, you can here it, and that isnt exactly bolt on. Either way that car moves and sounds great.

SRNA

Established Member
Bolt-on z06's range anywhere from 490rwhp to maybe 510rwhp, depending on the dyno. 490rwhp is intake/tune/headers. Add a fast manifold and they pick up around 12rwhp (20rwhp+ in the midrange though!) up top and bit more from a tb (5-8rwhp). So, best case is around 510rwhp but that really depends on the dyno. I'd say right around 500rwhp is the norm SAE.

So, how much with full bolt-ons would a Z pick up? And how much would it cost to pick up those HP numbers over stock?

obZidian

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but that car has a cam in it, you can here it, and that isnt exactly bolt on. Either way that car moves and sounds great.

Actually, no. The stock cam in the z06 is more aggressive than most LSx engines and they sound great especially with the baffles opened or in this case with a free flowing aftermarket catback.

If you want, check out some of the cammed c6 z06's vids on youtube to get an idea of what they sound like. The ragin racin stalker cam is one of the most dociles of most cams and you can definitely tell its an aftermarket grind.

So, how much with full bolt-ons would a Z pick up? And how much would it cost to pick up those HP numbers over stock?

Well, the headers+x-pipe are incredible expensive ($1600.00) but nothing like viper headers/full exhaust. ouch! The fast is right under a grand new. A tune can be between $300-$600 plus an intake $300-$500. A TB is around $600.

So that's about $3400 bucks without installation (all of it is easy DIY stuff anyways) and without the price of DR's, new wheels (fronts are stock GTO spare tires I think... its common to use those and they look killer!) and if you want gears then prepare to drop another 2 grand of so because you need a new diff to swap out the final. The car has been out for what, 5 years and change and still no one has a gear set that fits and performs.

But, if you notice the headers and fast are the biggest expenditures unless you take your time and get everything used. You can probably save aound $600 on headers and hew $100 here and there on the rest of the stuff. It's not cheap... OH! you will definitely need a new clutch if you want to make it home or at the very least be able to be as fast as you were before hitting the track. The stock LS7 clutch is SERIOUSLY the biggest junk clutch I've ever driven. ANY kind of heat and it will glaze and nothing you can do will clean it up and be back to 100%. Glazed and you are instantaneously 1-2 cars slower. And the installation is a biotch... about $1500 easily since the rear cradle has to come down, besides the full exhaust to access the driveshaft.

All that around 60-70rwhp and most of that coming from the tune itself.

Last edited:

uncooked

Established Member
" What were you racing? The fastest JEEP In Canada? Hahahaha.....Great launch, Great run! "

Didn't even notice until I read the youtube comment :lol1:

obZidian

Established Member
Just a small update and new vids:

The makes 505rwhp on a mustang. Realistically, with that EWP, I think he could be around 515rwhp, but that might be stretching it. 510rwhp would be my guess with the mph he is putting out.

Its a true bolt-on car. (No hialeah BS Ported blower/whipple "bolt-on" shenanigans.)

Mod list:

VARARAM SC1R (intake)
American Racing Headers
FAST LSXR 102 intake
102mm TB
Tune
Weight reduction (Exhaust, still has a full exhaust all the way back to the bumper. The car is NOT gutted)
RPS BC2 clutch (Big reason for his success)
Stock Z06 3.42
oil catch can
Meziere EWP
Non stock tranny ratio

The DA was -700. He is on Hoosier DR's (17" ZR1) Skinnies (GTO spares)

Yes, Gary got bumped but knowing them and the weather, I'm sure they are working on that 10.0-9.99 pass right now.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4b0-sUvgw"]C6 Z06 Go Pro cam-2 - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR2TBcR_-34"]C6 Z06 Go Pro cam - YouTube[/nomedia]

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member

that just has headers and full exhaust. the stock ls7 cam is healthy but nothing like a "cammed" z. plus the z06s have the dual mode exhaust and when the butterflies are open.. it does sound bad ass and cammish but its stock

[youtube_browser]tjpnfhCI8fY[/youtube_browser]

I make 680+whp on the stock clutch for the past 2 years. its dying though lol im going zr1 clutch this winter

Last edited:

obZidian

Established Member
Exactly... I've been accused of having a "mild cam" before because of the way the ls7 cam sounds like with an open exhaust. Oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread