Bolt-on C6Z06 breaks into the 9's.

98tadriver

Established Member
We arent in here to stir things up. I witnessed his 9.97 sec pass on saturday afternoon as well. I, along with other members on CF have respect for anything fast, not just gm cars :cheers: Im friends with stangbanger856, and although we might break each other's balls from time to time, we like each other's cars, and enjoy seeing our times improve with every trip to the track. Robz is a well known and respected member on CF and wouldnt make this stuff up. If you search youtube for gary2004z06 youll see a bunch of low 10 sec passes. His car does not have a power adder, f.i. or anything of that nature. It's an internally stock 427 cubic inch LS7 with bolt ons, gears and a lil weight reduction. He ran a 10.91 @ 127 back when the car was stock, on drag radials. The man can drive his butt off. He's cutting 1.35 60's. Its really not that far-fetched If you saw the stock internals lists for LSX powered vehicles. Here is a little more info about his 9.97 pass- [email protected] - Corvette Forum

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
If you search RobZ on corvetteforum, youll see has was banned for false claims of amazing unsubstantiated claims of limited mods equaling unrealistic ET's & MPH.

Basically extensively modifications and then claim "stock bottom end with only these mods etc etc".....lots and lots of long drawn out arguements etc etc....

Last one was running high 9's on C5 C06 with stock shortblock N/A full weight with only "this and this"...

I pretty much hit ignore when I see a post with his name in it.

It's a shame you would post stuff that's untrue.

To counteract your false claims:

2003 Chevy Corvette Z06 - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine
I would appreciate if you would remove your false claims post after some research so others don't believe it especially knowing all the hardwork and dedication that goes into running these times.

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
If you search RobZ on corvetteforum, youll see has was banned for false claims of amazing unsubstantiated claims of limited mods equaling unrealistic ET's & MPH.

Maybe you and others that have doubts should do the above to see if that's accurate.

Robz

Established Member
And this is where this conversation belongs. This is a Ford SVT site. Still struggle with non-Ford threads about track or dyno performance posted here. I can't imagine joining a Vette site and posting my 1/4 mle acomplishments. Geez.

Unless the rules have changed the Time Slip Bar has been a section where all 1/4mile times for all types of vehicles are encouraged and open for discussion. It seems like enough members are showing an interest including you.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
you guys havent payed much attension to the vette world lately if you think this isnt possible. just take a look at the fastest bolt on Zs they range from 10.0s -10.3s. shoot stock Zs hang with 600 hp cobras on the street

Last edited:

FartpipeZ28

Cry baby, Yes, I live in Moms' basement
Established Member
I don't understand what's so hard to understand? The car is Black!!!! They always run .25 faster than the rest. His car is a max effort bolt on car. If you can make a car 60ft in the 1.3s tuned to run its best at the track, gearing that keeps the car in peak hp range, car is lightened slightly from factory light weight already. The car is aero dynamic, ran in great -1000da weather with an amazing driver!

There's a top 3 bolt c6zs out there right now.
9.97s@138mph 1.3x 60ft
10.12@135mph 1.45 60ft
10.34@134mph 1.51 60ft
All bolt ons only cars. All happen to be 08s but that's just coincidence IMO. The proof is out there!!!

FartpipeZ28

Established Member
Next you guys will say a stock c6z with drag radials can't run 10.8-10.9s! Now if you realize that why can't a max tuned, full exhaust, intake, lightened, geared, light weight wheels/slicks, etc run .7-.8 better??

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I don't think he's lying, although who knows how much a 'lil weight reduction' is. There are Ford guys who pull off stuff like this too, (as in faster than what 99.9999% of what anyone else can achieve).

Look up a user named, 'jerrytubbs1' he's running 10.30s@130mph+ in a full weight, bolt-on GT500. I seriously doubt anyone else can ever duplicate it, but he does it in freak conditions and perfect driving skills.

If a bolt-on GT500 can do it, you can be damn sure a bolt-on C6Z can run 3-4tenths quicker under the same unordinary circumstances.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/590321-gonna-have-9s-stock-blower.html

FartpipeZ28

Established Member
I just checked HP calculators. It says that car is making close to 620flywheel HP. Now it does have a disclaimer if this is a mustang it says it would need 820flywheel HP.

Just saying :)

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I just checked HP calculators. It says that car is making close to 620flywheel HP. Now it does have a disclaimer if this is a mustang it says it would need 820flywheel HP.

Just saying :)

Yup, because power to weight is everything. Forget about torque, gearing, suspension, tires, etc. :banana:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Next you guys will say a stock c6z with drag radials can't run 10.8-10.9s! Now if you realize that why can't a max tuned, full exhaust, intake, lightened, geared, light weight wheels/slicks, etc run .7-.8 better??

How light is the key word. And how much rhwp is it making. Not necessarily questioning the ET, but the mph is hard to believe. According to other inof posted he's trapping 4 mph more than anyone else. That is alot.

Robz

Established Member
How light is the key word. And how much rhwp is it making. Not necessarily questioning the ET, but the mph is hard to believe. According to other inof posted he's trapping 4 mph more than anyone else. That is alot.

As mentioned in previous discussions a bolt-on c6Z, with the normal minimal weight reduction that most owners do who drag race for fun, should be capable of ~140mph under the right ideal conditions,the correct setup, and with the right driver.
If anyone is looking to make assumptions based on peak corrected rwhp then you are not fully comprehending what it takes to run the fastest and quickest et/mph possible for any combo.

Robz

Established Member
I don't understand what's so hard to understand? The car is Black!!!! They always run .25 faster than the rest. His car is a max effort bolt on car. If you can make a car 60ft in the 1.3s tuned to run its best at the track, gearing that keeps the car in peak hp range, car is lightened slightly from factory light weight already. The car is aero dynamic, ran in great -1000da weather with an amazing driver!

There's a top 3 bolt c6zs out there right now.
9.97s@138mph 1.3x 60ft
10.12@135mph 1.45 60ft
10.34@134mph 1.51 60ft
All bolt ons only cars. All happen to be 08s but that's just coincidence IMO. The proof is out there!!!

All 3 of these cars are of similar weight. Since Gary is around 260lbs(the 1st entry) I bet his car is heavier than the other 2.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Fartpipe, RobZ, and Gary are the real deal. Nobody is a bigger mustang guy than me, but I happen to own a C6Z also. Some of you guys sound worse than vette owners. I find it strange that I end up defending mustang's on corvette sites and corvette's on ford sites. I guess it's because I'm a car guy, not an ignorant brand loyalist!

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Well regardless of what's done, it's got more in it because i'm not even that impressed with his driving skills. Sounds like he lift shifts, I think the car has 9.7's in it with a nice light power shifter.

He's got the launch down right though.

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
Gentlemen:
I would like to preface this by stating that I can appreciate fast cars no matter their brand. I would consider owning a Mustang; however, we currently have 4 vehicles two of which are Ford/Mercury. Some of the posters are ignorant to numerous facts or have closed minds. Some feel the need to slander people that they do not know and cannot support their post since it is completely false. They truly lack something good in their character. Please do not attempt to besmirch Robz's reputation as it only makes you look foolish. To those supporters of the truth, we thank you for it is greatly appreciated.

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
Well regardless of what's done, it's got more in it because i'm not even that impressed with his driving skills. Sounds like he lift shifts, I think the car has 9.7's in it with a nice light power shifter.

He's got the launch down right though.

Ride
2003 Cobra
Horsepower
Torque
60 foot time

1/8 Mile ET
1/8 Mile MPH
1/4 Mile ET
1/4 Mile MPH

I now can understand your post. I've cut better 60's on my OEM F1s in my Bonestock 2004 Z06. I guess I should learn how to drive from you since you are so accomplished. Perhaps I should jump in your car and run a better time.

Users who are viewing this thread