Bolt on GT times good or not good?

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
You might run with a stock LS1. But if you raced a TA with all those mods and he only pulled you by that much.....somethings up. Maybe the 50 roll was horrible spot for his stall/gear combo, cuz a stock stalled A4 with LT's and other boltons should pull you hard. Not saying it didnt happen, just musing. I raced a full bolt on 99 GT(shorty's, midpipe,cb, TB/plenum, gears,etc.) in my stock SS, and we were dead even. This was from a roll as well, which with my stock 3.23's put me at shitty dead spot in my powerband.

4.6pimp

Established Member
As far as tire size I'm running 295/50/R15 with skinnies up front. (Weld draglights) My room mate has a sick Built WS6 an he is allways giving me crap about LS1's. I just wanted to know ya'lls input on my times, I'm not trying to start a LS1 vs 2v war.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
4.6pimp said:
As far as tire size I'm running 295/50/R15 with skinnies up front. (Weld draglights) My room mate has a sick Built WS6 an he is allways giving me crap about LS1's. I just wanted to know ya'lls input on my times, I'm not trying to start a LS1 vs 2v war.

with that wheel/tire combo it makes a lot of sense, thanks!

Vash

Established Member
yeah why is everyone hating on the GTs saying you should have bought a cobra? lol

mine runs a high 11. with DR's, long tubes, and vortech supercharger and paxton intercooler. Technically it was all bolt on.

KduncSS

Established Member
^Thats a little extreme to call your car a bolt on GT. Technically, its forced induction which surpasses the somewhat simplicity of the term bolt on. Comparing an NA 2valve to a FI 2valve is insane.

4.6pimp

Established Member
I will probably strap 125 dry shot on it this weekend, an see what happens at the track. Does anyone know if a dry kit made for a 5.0 will work for the 4.6?

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Ill admit ls1 will own our gt, machs and n/a cobra is different though.

I want to run a stock ls1 though, i ran a stall/built tranny, 373 gear, intake,exhuast, other stuff lt1 and beat it, but it super ass close. They pulled back hard at the end.

Last edited:

nvthiszo6

Established Member
MachME said:
Ill admit ls1 will own our gt, machs and n/a cobra is different though.

I want to run a stock ls1 though, i ran a stall/built tranny, 373 gear, intake,exhuast, other stuff lt1 and beat it, but it super ass close. They pulled back hard at the end.

Dont worry it happens to the best of us.

Sublimize23

Established Member
Not too bad. I'd say with some D/R's like Nitto 555R's or BFG DR's you could probably run 13.50's. To those on the LS1's nuts - It will eat us up at the track, but I am almost completely stock (albeit a factory freak) just with intake/exhaust and I kept up (but he barely pulled at the end) with a stock WS6 on the highway from 60-115.

Last edited:

nvthiszo6

Established Member
Sublimize23 said:
Not too bad. I'd say with some D/R's like Nitto 555R's or BFG DR's you could probably run 13.50's. To those on the LS1's nuts - It will eat us up at the track, but I am almost completely stock (albeit a factory freak) just with intake/exhaust and I kept up (but he barely pulled at the end) with a stock WS6 on the highway from 60-115.
Are you being serious? No way in hell would i believe that. The WS6 must have had a few cylinders out.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
you cant compare the street to the track, my car is a totally different car on the street.

I believe it, just because anything can happen on the street

KduncSS

Established Member
When did this start centering on LS1 vs 2valve. Sorry guys, I owned a heavily modded GT that would eat LS1's all day long. All my friends had bolt on NA GT's. The 98 SS I own now with the LT's and exhaust DESTROYS every one of them. When it was stock I only raced 2, one heavily modded, the other with just a couple boltons. The heavily modded 2valve race was dead even, while the other I pulled easily. LS1 > 2valve. Now anyone can say Im hangin on their nuts, but to think any different is doing the same for a SOHC 4.6.

spike_africa

Established Member
compairing a 347ci motor to 281 is stupid there faster cause they have more CI there is nothing to it. I have raced and beat and lost to LS1 cars there fast with the right mods and good driver.

I have also beaten cars that should of owned me. I will race anyone for fun i dont care if i win or loose i do it for fun. An thats how it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread