Bolt Size Question

lphooper03

Established Member
Does anybody have the exact bolt size / length / thread pitch for the headers on a 2013 GT?

I need to go to a hardware store, but don't have a bolt to compare it to.

hitmix300

Established Member
I believe the studs are m10x60mm long at 1.0 pitch

Edit I think it might be 1.25 pitch.

Also the usable stud length is 25mm the rest is threaded into head or unusable

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
If you are buying bolts to replace the studs, use M10 X 1.25 (pitch) x 25mm (length). I was able to leave all the studs in on the driverside, had to take out a few on passenger side.

Some earlier Coyotes 2011-2012 may have course thread pitch of 1.5

lphooper03

Established Member
Bumping this up because I was confirming before I buy and was reading around. I find conflicting sources saying the thread pitch for the newer coyotes is 1.5 and others say it is 1.25. I'm about to buy 16 of each and be done with it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yeah I had read the same stuff. The early coyotes in 11 apparently used course thread 1.5 pitch. I actually bought a few of the 1.5 pitch bolts along with the 1.25 pitch bolts just in case. I did this in November last year, mine is a 14 and it indeed took the bolts with 1.25 pitch

lphooper03

Established Member
Wow...the 1.25 thread pitch is a tough mother to find...well, in Stainless anyway. I ended up going with Zinc plated steel because I couldn't find Stainless anywhere. Called a few different places and nowhere seems to carry it and if they do, they won't sell to the public. Sucked..

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LOL...I ended up with zinc washed bolts as well, went to Ace and Lowes, they had that shit in SS for standard sizes, but not M10 metrics we need. You might try Martel Brothers in Katy. I didn't wanna drive all that way from Cypress/Tomball.

I want to reiterate that you can probably re-use most of the factory studs and I would. I only had to change out a few studs for M10 bolts on the passenger side when hanging my JPC longtubes.

Last edited:

lphooper03

Established Member
I'm doing a TT install and I was able to reuse a bunch of the same studs, but had to swap out some of the studs for the purchased bolts because the studs were interfering with the downpipe. I'll update here if I have issues over time with these bolts. I'm just worried about them rusting out down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread