Bone stock 02 lightning upgrade questions

BlkThunderbolt

Established Member
I just recentley picked up a bone stock 02 lightning 58k. Looking to do some basic bolt ons to gain HP. I'm going with a JLT CAI, NGK TR6 plugs with a 2lb blower pulley and a 4lb crank pulley. My question I want to know is if its safe enough after being dyno tuned that the engine wont tire from driving it everyday with the boost turned up. I was told it will push somewhere around 14....:rockon:

jaymz

Established Member
Why go with two different pulleys? Just put on a 6lb lower if that's what you want for boost. Lots less chance of belt slip. With a six lb pulley, you're also gonna need a MAF extender. Engine won't "tire" but it might blow up with a crappy tune.

Jim

Jroc

Established Member
Why go with two different pulleys? Just put on a 6lb lower if that's what you want for boost. Lots less chance of belt slip. With a six lb pulley, you're also gonna need a MAF extender. Engine won't "tire" but it might blow up with a crappy tune.

Jim

x2.

You don't just mount auxiliary idlers on L's like you do with Terminators.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
Have you read the FAQ page? Leave the blower pulley alone and get an interchangeable lower pulley setup.

+1

skip the blower pulley and just go 6lb lower, bigger MAF, and tune. I have about the same setup you want and I dd my truck as well as weekly track outings. Well over 120k miles and still going strong

bad02svt

Established Member
how true is it that the upper pulley make the blower scream louder? maybe thats what he is trying to do btw you will be allright.
my truck has a 4lbs lower and a 2.80 upper with a stage 4 ported blower it should be around 15/16 lbs but then again i only drive iton the weekends

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
how true is it that the upper pulley make the blower scream louder?

I don't believe that's the case. It's more practical to think, the more boost or harder you push the blower the louder it sing or whine. Some go as far as filling the silencer holes in the blower to make it louder.

bad02svt

Established Member
I don't believe that's the case. It's more practical to think, the more boost or harder you push the blower the louder it sing or whine. Some go as far as filling the silencer holes in the blower to make it louder.

TRUE i filled my silencer holes and put a 2.80 upper and it got way louder but idk wich one made the most diference

Users who are viewing this thread