Bone stock auto 2013 GT.

Zodiac

Established Member
Went to the track for the first time ever yesterday. I didn't know what to expect but my first run ever was my best ran a 12.72 @ 111.88.

2nd pass was 12.88 @ 111.25
3rd pass was 13.24 @ 111.28
4th pass was 13.46 @ 110.62
5th pass was 13.18 @ 110.54

The variance in times was playing on how the best to launch was. The 13.24 was in Sport shift, and the 13.46 was with advance trac off. My best runs were with the car in D and TC on. I found out afterwards that tapping TC button 2x would have probably netted me better runs.

All in all pretty pleased with a 12.72 for a stock auto with 1800 miles, especially since first time ever at the drag strip with street tires too.

PB1-5-13_zps774046bb.gif

Cammed g8 vs stock 5.0 - YouTube this was vid of my best run.

Last edited:

jasonmark1993

Banned
Nice job man. Pretty cool using the settings Ford put in the car netted the best time. TC has come a long way.

What isn't cool is that you can put a cam in an LS car that was rated at like 380HP and he beats you by 1 second.

Did you talk to him at all and see what else he had done? I looked at those cars for a while but still a Ford guy.

Zodiac

Established Member
Nice job man. Pretty cool using the settings Ford put in the car netted the best time. TC has come a long way.

What isn't cool is that you can put a cam in an LS car that was rated at like 380HP and he beats you by 1 second.

Did you talk to him at all and see what else he had done? I looked at those cars for a while but still a Ford guy.

Yeah I actually drove down with him, he's a friend of mine. I came from the G8 world, sold my G8 GT to get my Mustang, and the G8 GT was rated at 365/385 from factory. They also run a mid to high 13's from factory.

He ran damn good for a 4000lb + sedan. I think there is definitely more in that car, he's only putting down 430/413. Impressive if you ask me.

He's got headers, intake, tune, cam, LS7 MAF, ported and milled heads, ported intake and throttle body.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Congrats great job I never did that good stock when I had my m6 maybe I can run that in my A6

Dtony

Established Member
Thanks I'm happy. Very nice to see similar times, what were your times when you were stock?

Mine was like yours...a little scattered. But the best was 12.68 @ just under 112. Getting a good launch on street tires is difficult.
The Da when I ran was very good, right around sea level in Nov in Ohio.

That was the only time I ran the car stock. The next time out it had a long list of bolt on's.

Zodiac

Established Member
Mine was like yours...a little scattered. But the best was 12.68 @ just under 112. Getting a good launch on street tires is difficult.
The Da when I ran was very good, right around sea level in Nov in Ohio.

That was the only time I ran the car stock. The next time out it had a long list of bolt on's.

Ah I want to mod this car but I'm staying stock for some time. Also DA was I think -846 for the best pass.

I agree getting the good launch was difficult but I managed 2 good launches which were my 12 second passes.

I've never been happy with Goodyear tires, but until these are used up I'm stuck with them.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Very impressive. I love these cars!

I'd say put a simple tune in it and get consistent mid 12's or better.

But check with Ford about that warrenty before you do.

Zodiac

Established Member
Very nice. 12.85 here showroom stock.

Nice! Also my last time out wasn't as generous. I don't think the track was prepped the best. First half of the day I did 5-10 passes all about 13.6 at around 108-109 I couldn't hook. Second half they cleaned up the track a bit and I consistently hit 13.1 at 109-110. Very similar Da's and temps. Just could not get traction at the line.

2 cam sam

Established Member
Ah I want to mod this car but I'm staying stock for some time. Also DA was I think -846 for the best pass.

I agree getting the good launch was difficult but I managed 2 good launches which were my 12 second passes.

I've never been happy with Goodyear tires, but until these are used up I'm stuck with them.

Dam! -846 da must be nice! The best I've ever seen at Knoxville is 400 ft above sea level. Must be nice to have a track open year round.

Users who are viewing this thread