Boost a pump question

anthonyg

Established Member
I just bought a BAP a have done a bit of research and I'm a bit confused as to where to install the BAP? Some guys wire it pre FPDM and some after it? Does it really matter?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd recommend only installing it "pre", get a wiring upgrade from lethal. Also solder the wires, I'm not a fan of using connectors on vital fuel electronics.

Crappy picture, but here's mine.

010-17.jpg

Last edited:

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
I just started a thread asking the same thing a couple days ago.

The main overall consensus is to wire it PRE FPDM. This is because the computer will have more control over the BAP and fuel this way. Most that have wired it POST FPDM have not run into any trouble, but over the years it has been decided that PRE is the best way. It is also instructed to be wired PRE FPDM on lethal's installation sheet.

The wiring upgrade is very simple. It is just a wire that you run from your battery (actually the distribution block) to the BAP. It then runs to a relay that is included in the kit, through the FPDM, and to the BAP. This kit can be pieced together and it might be cheaper to piece it together yourself. Still haven't figured out what exact relay to order if you were to do piece it together yourself. The way I look at it, you might save $10, $15 max piecing it together yourself. Lethal is a great alternative.

For what its worth, I will do the wiring upgrade eventually and switch the wiring from POST to PRE FPDM.

I just don't know if this will affect the tune at all, but I have heard that it will not.

Users who are viewing this thread