boost bypass??

OxfordMach

You bet your ass its FAST
Established Member
i just did this mod to my 01 L.... after doing it i was able to see a 3lb difference in boost under WOT and could feel a difference. i then got on here to see if i could see roughly how much HP i had gained and all i found was a bunch of threads saying the mod was pointless. my question to everyone is how much boost did you run stock and did you feel a difference after doing the bypass mod

lvgolfer962

Established Member
i did the bypass, didnt pick up any boost. it was my understanding that this was for ensuring that the sensor didnt dump the extra boost. but ive been wrong before lol

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Thats all it did for me was kill my gas mileage.

If I understood correctly, the device you bypassed basically relieves boost once you get out of the throttle, say.. like after you're done accelerating and you're cruising or if you're stopped at a light. I dunno what I'm talking about.

All I know is, i've heard from enough boosted mod motor smart people (as opposed to internet and i bought a lightning and that automatically makes me an expert smart people) say not to do it, that I undid it and left it stock.

Users who are viewing this thread