Boost creep ?

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
I have the new longtube headers and have no issues holding 10psi with the two tial 38mm gates. Early last year I had the .48 housings on the turbos and still didn't have boost issues.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I have the new longtube headers and have no issues holding 10psi with the two tial 38mm gates. Early last year I had the .48 housings on the turbos and still didn't have boost issues.

yea thats 10psi, i bet if you try running more than 20 you will see boost creep.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
yea thats 10psi, i bet if you try running more than 20 you will see boost creep.
The amount of boost may or may not cause more boost creep. I can bet he will not have any boost creep. Nobody does with twin 38mm wastegates or even with one of them. He even said he didn't have boost creep with very small internal wastegates and small turbos. I measured the hole in the internal wastegates once and I want to say it's like 19mm. Everybody on here is telling you it's not boost creep. The symptoms don't sound like it. Like mentioned by several others, it sounds like it's a boost control issue. What's the rest of your combo?

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
I'm not giving any input here, but why ask a question to people that are more knowledgeable than you and then not listening to them? Thats very ignorant.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
The amount of boost may or may not cause more boost creep. I can bet he will not have any boost creep. Nobody does with twin 38mm wastegates or even with one of them. He even said he didn't have boost creep with very small internal wastegates and small turbos. I measured the hole in the internal wastegates once and I want to say it's like 19mm. Everybody on here is telling you it's not boost creep. The symptoms don't sound like it. Like mentioned by several others, it sounds like it's a boost control issue. What's the rest of your combo?
I don't see what with the boost controller would cause this. I have two turbos on one solenoid and routed vacuum lines the way they told me. Think I need another one?

I'm not giving any input here, but why ask a question to people that are more knowledgeable than you and then not listening to them? Thats very ignorant.
I listen people who have been in this business for a very long time and they think otherwise, I'll take everyones advise with a grain of salt.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
More likely to have boost creep at 10psi seeing how the gates would have to release alot more exhaust.
This is very possible. To the OP, I would unhook the EBC and just run if off the WG spring and see how the boost curve looks. That will eliminate the EBC as a variable.

Maybe I missed it but who is doing the tuning on the car? It's your money so if you think it's somehow boost creep, just re-work all the pipes and get them re-coated. That's not a cheap venture for sure. Don't be surprised though if you still have the same issue.

Have you talked to HP to see what they say about it? They are the ones who designed the WG placement.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Then don't ask if you're not going to listen to anyone.
So don't bother posting if you don't have a clue what your talking about.
This is very possible. To the OP, I would unhook the EBC and just run if off the WG spring and see how the boost curve looks. That will eliminate the EBC as a variable.

Maybe I missed it but who is doing the tuning on the car? It's your money so if you think it's somehow boost creep, just re-work all the pipes and get them re-coated. That's not a cheap venture for sure. Don't be surprised though if you still have the same issue.

Have you talked to HP to see what they say about it? They are the ones who designed the WG placement.
turbos were ran with just wastegates. Let me see if I can get the graph with just the gates. Kevin hand did the tuning.

Teej281

Established Member
So don't bother posting if you don't have a clue what your talking about.
turbos were ran with just wastegates. Let me see if I can get the graph with just the gates. Kevin hand did the tuning.

Dont post in a public forum asking for help, then when given the help, from people that know more than you, say its wrong and to try again. If you know the answer then dont bother asking.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
ok talked to my tuner and he said he knows the eboost2 in and out and he accounted for all the settings in the controller, made the sensitivity as low as possible which would of affected the boost curve, as well as talked to turbosmart about it and all the settings seem in check, i told them the placement of the wastegates and they think thats my problem as well. i should have them welded differently and have the car back running by the end of the week. Also apologize for snapping at you teej281. and thank you guys for helping out with this issue, i will update you by the end of the week when i hit the dyno again.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Sometimes the boost will spike a Little just before the gates open. That just means the turbos will spool up quicker.
you are wasting money having it cut up. The controller will keep the gates closed until target.boost is hit which can cause spike.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Ya, what is the eboost gate psi opening set at?
Turbosmart told me to leave the sensitivity on the factory setting, which I think is like 20 or something.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Sometimes the boost will spike a Little just before the gates open. That just means the turbos will spool up quicker.
you are wasting money having it cut up. The controller will keep the gates closed until target.boost is hit which can cause spike.

im doing the work myself, everythings free :shrug:

so having a 21 psi go to 25 then settle back is normal with these setups?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Ya, what is the eboost gate psi opening set at?
Turbosmart told me to leave the sensitivity on the factory setting, which I think is like 20 or something.

factory is 20 my boost curve looks horrendous with it at 20. my gate springs are 13.5 each, i will have to get back to you on the eboost psi

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
im doing the work myself, everythings free :shrug:

so having a 21 psi go to 25 then settle back is normal with these setups?

Before you had said they wanted to change it.

It's not the turbo kits' design that is causing your spiking.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
factory is 20 my boost curve looks horrendous with it at 20. my gate springs are 13.5 each, i will have to get back to you on the eboost psi

Reason I ask is because the gate psi opening setting is designed to fix the exact issue you are having. If your boost passes your desired max boost setting, then settles back down to it, you are supposed to lower your gate psi opening level.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Reason I ask is because the gate psi opening setting is designed to fix the exact issue you are having. If your boost passes your desired max boost setting, then settles back down to it, you are supposed to lower your gate psi opening level.

ok thats probably what i have to check, do you know what setting that is??

Users who are viewing this thread