Boost line wavy?

Black01Vert

Established Member
Had my eaton swapped mach dynotuned the other day and had an issue where I wouldn't make full boost till 6.5krpm.

As you can see the graph shows a wavy line that slowly builds boost..

What can the issue be? I have a steigemeister (sp?) stage 4 ported eaton with the stock pulley, cobra maf, fuel pumps and injectors.

Right off the bat my tuner said it was running VERY lean even with an 03/04 cobra base tune at idle. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Could this be a vacuum leak? My gauge reads about 22 vacuum at idle

Black01Vert

Established Member
Bump.. Anyone? I double checked all the lines behind the blower and can't seem to find anything wrong.. I really want to pulley down and go back for another tune but I want to be making full boost throughout the powerband

SVT_Troy

Established Member
there is a line underneath the S/C that is known to tear. That looks to be your problem. The only way to replace it is removing the blower. Not hard at all

Black01Vert

Established Member
there is a line underneath the S/C that is known to tear. That looks to be your problem. The only way to replace it is removing the blower. Not hard at all

Finally got around to look into this vacuum leak.. Pulled off lower intake and the line seemed ok but it was just a little loose, I replaced it with a smaller one and it fit good and snug..

Anyways after carefully putting everything back together, I start the car and there it is again.. Same leak in the same spot..

The car will stall if I spray starter fluid between the block and lower intake.

I don't know what to do at this point.. When I first installed the lower intake I used new gaskets, any advice?

Black01Vert

Established Member
09025cd5ff2f9a27e10c68e49e9115f4.jpg

Gaskets were new when first installed and looked fine.. Anything seem off here?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
where exactly are you spraying the starter fluid that you can tell its leaking? is it doing is all the way around or one area in particular?

I would check the surface under the gasket and the underside of the lower intake where it mates to the gasket, maybe its gouged or have something stuck to it keeping it from sealing

Black01Vert

Established Member
where exactly are you spraying the starter fluid that you can tell its leaking? is it doing is all the way around or one area in particular?

I would check the surface under the gasket and the underside of the lower intake where it mates to the gasket, maybe its gouged or have something stuck to it keeping it from sealing

I'm spraying right in the middle of the valley where the lower intake meets the block, that's the only place It's leaking from. I should've inspected all the mating spots thoroughly. Do you think wiring harness could be in the way, the way it's routed?

Black01Vert

Established Member
Found the problem.. Ended up being the fitting on the lower intake. It was sitting way too low and was touching the the block not allowing the intake to seat properly.. I plugged it and I'm running breathers now.

Now car runs like shit because it was tuned with that vacuum leak

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread