BOOST NUMBERS WITH DIFFERENT INTAKES

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
The value of a top quality guage would be to see what the deviation is of your motor to actual boost as related by your factory gauge.

This would be of value if there is more boost available within the factory parameters than what your factory gauge is showing.

Octane boosters can also affect blower boost by delaying the knock sensor and of course then resulting in a nice power increase.

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Factory boost is set at a predetermined level.

However, optimum operating conditions with fuel, temp, elevation, etc., may simply be enabling the motor to reach the predetermined boost limit whereas if you got some crappy gas with the last fill up or switched brands even though both stations posted the same octane the motor may now be reaching the boost limit.

The SVO Mustang intercooled blower motor had a switchable boost level: 10lbs. (regular fuel), 15 lbs. (premium).

I could attain an 18 lb. boost level with premium 93, 104 +, and a water injection system without touching the timing or wastegate. The preset optimum factory boost level was 18.

An interesting aspect I've discovered with the iridium plugs is that they extend the power over a non-iridium by enabling a small increase in timing without attaining detonation as compared to the same extra advance with the non-iridiums.

Last edited:

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Originally posted by gchronis
Hey, can the densecharger guys chime into this? Did you guys also get a boost increase? Haven't really noticed anything with the drop in K&N, but I'll check again.

Yeah, I notice a definate boost on my boost gauge since I've installed the densecharger, also SOTP is incredible, can't wait to install the pulley :burnout:

Last edited:

SB 03

Established Member
cold air is natures way of giving you free horsepower, cold air is denser, and could also getting more boost do to the colder denser air

Users who are viewing this thread