Boost??

snackpack

Established Member
Just bought my Cobra, and the boost guage has not moved from this spot. I'm not the smartest person in the world when it comes to the newer Cobras, so is this normal? The car doesn't seem much faster than my 96 Cobra, so I'm thinking something is out of wack. please help!!

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
snackpack said:
Just bought my Cobra, and the boost guage has not moved from this spot. I'm not the smartest person in the world when it comes to the newer Cobras, so is this normal? The car doesn't seem much faster than my 96 Cobra, so I'm thinking something is out of wack. please help!!

I have an autometer boost and the stock boost gauge only moves when you step on the throttle. Correct me if I'm wrong,anybody.

Last edited:

snackpack

Established Member
The boost guage doesn't move when I push the gas. It stays stationary at 0.

snackpack

Established Member
Also. When at WOT the car chugs a little like it's not getting enough air.

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
Does the blower whine? The boost guage obviously shouldn't stay at 0 so either the gauge is unhooked or you have a blower problem.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That would be my first question as well. Does the blower whine at WOT? If not, the blower could be an issue. Check the blower belt, but if it were broken your alternator wouldn't be working as well. Question. Do the mods in your signature belong to your new '03 or to your old '96?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Just to make sure we're on the same page here....the car has to be driven to get boost. If you are just nailing the throttle in neutral, it will never get into boost. But you should definitely get boost when driving. I would suggest you take it to someone who is familiar with this car and have them take a quick look at it.

snackpack

Established Member
The mods in my sig are done to the 03'. The blower does wine at WOT. Could the chugging problem be from my MAF? I will hvae to check the connection to the guage as soon as it stops snowing :(

snackpack

Established Member
It just dawned on me that this might be my problem. The car I bought was from Cali. It was also tuned there. Could the California tune be making my car run slower? Utah's elevation is a lot higher than where I bought it from. The air is s lot thiner than California.

snackpack

Established Member
That's my thinking. My car has the damn stalling problem so I need to get it into a shop for that anyways. I hope that it's this simple.

snackpack

Established Member
I've got ano autometer boost guage right now. I was finally able to look under the hood, and I found a thin clear hose line that isn't connecting to any thing. Would any one know if this goes to the boost guage?

Users who are viewing this thread