Borla + mrt h-pipe = sound like crap?!?!

98Cobretti

Established Member
Exhaust notes are truly personal opinions, you have to remember its whatever sounds good to you. I personally have a bassani catted X with flows on my 98 cobra and I love it, but then Im from the musclecar school of sound and I love flows. As to the "chambered only sound good with an H pipe and straight through only sound good with an X pipe" , I think that mainly applies to the straight through mufflers with no cats, they seem to like the x pipes and sound best with them. I have a dr. gas. x pipe on my 65 with flows and it sounds awesome. I had magnaflows on my cobra and didnt care for them much, so it really is to each his own. just my 2 cents :)

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
It's not about liking the sound, it's a problem if you ask me.
I have no problems liking the sound at all, the exhaust setup sounds killer, it's just that sound at low rpm's that drives me crazy.
So to anyone who says, it's just me or it's all in my head, why don't you try driving it around and when you're in town and it makes that awful sound, tell me how it feels when everyones looking at you like the car is from mars, it's not a good sound, it's a problem if you ask me but for the people don't want to listen, more power to you, go buy the same setup and have fun with it, i myself can't stand it.
Like i've said many many times, i love everything about the setup other then the sound it makes at low rpm's and the fact it didn't fit like everyone said(but this is something that can be fixed).

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Well lets put an end to this i just picked up my car i have the exact same combo and it does not frap like that at all something is wrong with your exhaust mine sounds sick!!!!!!!!1

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
kaboom, thank you so much, thats what i've been waiting to hear.
Now the question is, should i call mrt and ask why mine is doing this?

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Looks like we have another post about how bad they sound, i guess it's not in my head after all.......hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread