Borla Stinger installed and...

Gumball

Established Member
...it added 22 horsepower!! As I am the official car moron of this site, I'm not sure how you guys will think those #'s are, but I think they're fairly impressive. The car was completely stock and all I added was the Stinger. The baseline run was 344.7 hp and 344.5 tq. After install the numbers were 366.2hp and 349.4 tq. I'm having the charts emailed to me, and if I can figure out how to attach it to a post I will.

My overall impressions are that this thing lives up to Rick's advanced billing. In MY opinion, this thing is LOUD. I never considered the stock exhaust to be loud. Sort of OK but it needed a little more uummph. The Stinger is much, much louder than stock. I have no idea how it compares to a Magnaflow or a Bassani, I've never heard them. I have no way to make a sound file, but if anyone in the area wants to see/hear/record it let me know.

I'll try to quantify the sound this way: on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being your average Honda and 10 being the Vette they had in the shop with the 383 and side pipes, I would put the stock exhaust at about 4. The Stinger would fall around 7 or 8. The tone is definately on the low side, and slightly hollow. I will also say that I now know what "cabin drone" is. I think it's pretty pronounced, but keep in mind, I've never really experienced it before.

One last thing, now that I've seen the install, I will confirm that a retarded baboon could have put this thing in.

Sorry for the long post. I know I agonized over an exhaust selection, like allot of other people have. I just wanted to give you my firsthand opinion of a very solid exhaust.

Thanks Rick and Linn,

mark

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good numbers Mark. I'm glad now that I went with the Steeda personally. I knew the Stinger was going to be louder with a more pronounced cabin drone. But as long as you're happy and don't wake up the neighbors too much, it's great. Hopefully we'll connect soon and we can compare Borla to Steeda loudness side by side. Enjoy!

So now that you're no longer a virgin what is your next mod going to be?
:lol1:

BlKvNm

Established Member
I just put on the Stinger as well and gained 9 hp and 10 tq, this was replacing Magnaflow cb. Those numbers sound right, coming from stock cb. I absolutely love the sound Borla has brought to me and my neighborhood.

peace and hairgrease

Mick

Users who are viewing this thread