Borla stingers too loud?

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Installed the Borla today.... mother of god what a sweet sound. Its pretty damn loud too! I just hope the locals dont pull me over.

stangposse

Established Member
I have Stingers with a catted Magnaflow x-pipe and I love the sound throughout the entire RPM range....its perfect. However, they are the only mufflers I like better when mated with a catted x-pipe....I think their sound with an O/R pipe is a little too raspy.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I have Stingers with a catted Magnaflow x-pipe and I love the sound throughout the entire RPM range....its perfect. However, they are the only mufflers I like better when mated with a catted x-pipe....I think their sound with an O/R pipe is a little too raspy.

+1

i've got the magn catted xpipe plus stingers on my whippled coupe and it's just right for me. If you are creeping around, this setup is actually very quiet. It does come to life once you hit the go pedal, but there is no way it's "pull-over" loud levels of peak sound. It is bass-ie however..... and I love it :rockon:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
mac prochamber + stingers. I love the way it sounds.. heres a little clip

[youtube_browser]f2V8YPAhBKs[/youtube_browser]

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I have an O/R X-pipe to Magnaflows and Ive been seriously debating picking up the Stingers. My car seems to behave while putting around and gets ridiculous when I lay into it. Had a friend drive it past me on the street and he barely got into it and it sounded crazy loud and ruthless. Never had a cop bother me about it though. Only issues Ive ever had with those guys are no front plate and window tint, not a word on the exhaust.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I currently have Bassani Mids, Bassani Off Road X and Magnaflow.

Good thread. And Thanks for the input guys

My Magnaflow mufflers have large cracks in the mufflers and leak fumes. A few people say the back of my car smells really bad when driving behind or sitting next to when idle. My wife knows it has no cats too and has been giving me grief about the environment, etc...

My Solution: just bought some Borla Stingers to replace the broken Magnaflows and I bought some Bassani High Flow Cats.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if it is too loud then you need to buy a prius

lol :rockon:

for the last 7 years i have been running the borla stinger exhaust with the stock h-pipe. i thought it was a great catback (still do) sounded good and had a nice tone, etc, until today, after installing and taking a drive with my brand new bassani x-pipe (with cats)

all i can say is HOLY SHIT!! i love it! so much louder... but prolly not to the point of cops busting your balls unless you are a menace to society lol. and the tone throughout the whole rpm range just sounds so much sweeter. man it is awesome i cant believe how much better it sounds

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
I got 04 mystichrome convertible with a UPR off road x pipe and stingers. They are very loud but sound awesome.
I live in south florida and i did receive a ticket for "altered muffler" b/c they were to loud. It was a $1XX fine but honestly wouldnt change out my setup b/c of it.

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
So I just purchased the Bassani Off-road X and Borla Stingers....

From reading this I'm guessing that the set up isn't that great? I mean I like decel pop and drone :shrug:

I'm up in the air on the Non-BX Bassani Catback...

Users who are viewing this thread