Borla stingers too loud?

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
So how was it just like cruising around? I am not concerned with drone or anything like that.

Sounded great at idle or 1/4 throttle, anything more a sound awful. Way to raspy and obnoxious, people staring at you when you are going 30 mph like "WTF can you make that any louder?" Louder not always better.

zeus201

Established Member
Sounded great at idle or 1/4 throttle, anything more a sound awful. Way to raspy and obnoxious, people staring at you when you are going 30 mph like "WTF can you make that any louder?" Louder not always better.

I'm running Bassani Mids, Bassani O/R X and Stingers and I have started thinking the same thing when I cruise around town. Then again, I do love the sound when going WOT.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I currently have a catted Bassani X, and a Bassani catback, I plan on switching to a Borla stinger catback. I originally wanted to also run a UPR offroad X pipe with it because it sounds pretty sick. However I don't want to get pulled over everyday so perhaprs I will stick with my Bassani catted X. Anybody have any experience with either setup that they can chime in on, and how often you get your balls busted by the local PD?

Ben, I have Mac LT's, O/R X, Stingers and I have never once been pulled over in the two years I have had the setup.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Here's a comparison of my car. The camera's are about the same distance away from the car.

Bassani Catted X, Stingers
[youtube_browser]jNjeM0knkNk[/youtube_browser]

Mac LT's, Lethal O/R X, Stingers
[youtube_browser]50aFcPQjxxU[/youtube_browser]

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I'm running Bassani o/r X pipe and Borla Stingers. Not too loud at all. Love it

[youtube_browser]a8TPIXr3ypE[/youtube_browser]

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Ben, I have Mac LT's, O/R X, Stingers and I have never once been pulled over in the two years I have had the setup.

Really huh? God I really want the sound of the offroad X and stingers!!! Its good to hear that you haven't got pulled over. I think I will stick with the plan of just buying the stinger catback and putting it on with my catted bassani, and if I don't like it I will throw the offroad X. I see many people going with the upr one, but I've also seen some "leak issues" with these as well. The prochamber also seems to be a popular choice.

Blueline

Established Member
After watching this thread, you guys made me take off the high flow cats and put the hollowed out ones that came on the car ha. Its raining out so I cant drive it on the road but, its sounds awesome in the garage!. Now since I have both, I can jut swap them in and out!

RL1

Established Member
If you want the nice tuned tone of the stingers cut the tip off and have a tip welded on much closer to the size of the pipe. I have a bassani x, no cats and couldnt stand the crackle rasp . I took the tail pipes off one day to polish them again and found it had a much more aggressive tone I had been looking for. Its like a big block down low with a real nice higher pitched tuned note from 2k up. Especialy while holding the rpm. I'm much happier with it now, still loud as hell but a much better loud. I'm debating throwing the cats on to see how it sounds.

Last edited:

svtaddict

Established Member
i have bbk longtubes bbk offroad x and borla stinger catback And i think its too loud for me especially here in cali

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
The video in my sig is when I had the Stingers with a catted Magnaflow X on the car. I thought it sounded really nice.

I remember seeing this vid and almost went with the magnaflow catted x b/c of it but I decided to jump on the bandwagon instead and go with the bassani catted x. lol Can't go wrong with either!

OP, sometimes I think my combo is too quiet but then again, I never hear it from outside the car and I think that makes a big difference. It definitely turns heads though!! :D When I rip on it, I know it's not too quiet. I love this combo! I still want full exhaust though!!

jlbush

Established Member
I have really been thinking recently about going to the Borla Stingers, but wish it came in a 3" and didn't have rolled tips! :cuss: My car actually sounds pretty good IMO with the flowmasters and O/R H, but I too am just trying to go louder and understand that louder isn't always better. I guess my goal is to go as loud as I can without it sounding "bad" (very subjective I know) I've looked up a bunch of vids online and not too many O/R H Stinger combos out there from what I can find. Plus it's hard to judge how it will actually sound in person from some of the vids you watch. Do you think Stingers with an O/R H will be louder, just about the same, or quieter than an O/R X?

Oh and as far as getting hassled by the police with the exhaust. I think it all depends on where you live, the cop, how strict the PD is in the area(s) you drive in, and most of all how and where you drive it. With that said I think if you use good common sense and watch the places where you really get into and it SCREAMS then you'll be alright IMHO.

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
I was runing a catted x plus stingers for over a year without being pulled over. I put the stock mid back on for smog and plan on putting o/r x back on soon. It wasnt loud enough with the cats :banana:

ScreamingSVT

Established Member
mac longtubes, off road x and m55 catback on mine. love the sound wouldnt trade it for anything. really loud but never get bothered by anyone. my friend lives 2 miles away from me and can hear me everytime i elave my house haha. awesome tone at cruising then full on exhaust orgasm at wot haha

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
I ran bassini x-pipe with cats to borla stingers for few years in MD, DE, PA etc and only got pulled for speeding. I am about to take the cats off and put the exhaust back on to try it out for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread