bosh o2 sensor

tommy s

Established Member
I baught a bosh replacement o2 sensor for my shelby , it's exactly the same as my originals does it matter ?

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I replaced mine with the Bosh ones, and 2 months later my check engine light came on. Went and bought the motorsport factory ones and haven't had a problem, and that was 5 months ago.

I went to take the bosh back to O'Reiley, and see what they said, basically said no warranty and you have boosted car. No luck on getting money back or replacements. Lesson learned.

After driving my car daily for 2 years, I've found that Autozone and O'reily do not carry the following for our cars....

The correct oil and oil filter, windsheild wipers, O2 sensors, and had to make them search to find NGK TR6's by finding the part number off google.

I did walk out of an autozone when the guy asked me, the typical questions...what year, model, etc, and after telling him it's a 5.4L supercharged motor, key word motor...he asked if it was the v6 or v8.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
[ame=http://www.vmptuning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825]Why not to use Bosch narrowband O2 sensors... - VMP Tuning Message Board[/ame]

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Other than the OEM Motorcraft O2 sensors....I would only use Denso O2 sensors. No other O2 sensor can handle the punishment of race fuel better than Denso.

tommy s

Established Member
Other than the OEM Motorcraft O2 sensors....I would only use Denso O2 sensors. No other O2 sensor can handle the punishment of race fuel better than Denso.

That's why I had to change mine, I think the torco octane booster coated my sensors( like it gave my sensor the rusty color coating of my plugs ) (at least one on the passenger side ) giving me the lean on one bank code ! replaced the sensor and everything looks okydoky !! I had to go with the bosh 4 now , I'll order motocraft or denso tomorrow.

rodfarva

Established Member
My first set of O2 sensors died due to Torco use and C16 use. I attempted to replace them with Bosch sensors, but with longtube headers they never would heat up enough to properly work. I then ordered Motorcraft replacements and they worked fine.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If you google search "Denso" and "race fuel" you will come across some great threads talking about how much tougher Denso survives the punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread