Boss 302 test drive my way...

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
Well I went to a little x-mas party at my uncles last night, and a friend of ours has a Boss 302. Super nice guy, its his first sports car coming from a nissan maxima, and his wifes focus lol. Needless to say he has nothing to compare to. Ive been itchin just to sit in it. But, he tells me here in a little bit lets take it for a spin. He wants me to drive it and tell him what I think compared to my cobra. Im like, well if I have too. Lol. On the inside I'm like SCORE!!!! So, I'l wrap it up make this a short story. He tells me he thinks his clutch is on the hard side. I sit in this thing and go to push the clutch in like my 99 cobra, and I about put my foot through the floor... I looked at him and said wtf, is it connect to anything? It took like 5 pounds of force to push it down compared to what it feels like to be 30 for mine... Took me a few stop and goes to get it. Overall the car is beautiful, handles great in the corners and really stayed planted to the ground. But, I do not think I could justify the price tag on that thing new... Cloth seats and no bells and whistles at all. And what ever tires were on it were useless. After driving it i was also pretty confident my 13 yr old turd could give it a run for its money or pull a little on it... On the bottle that is... I had him giggling like a little kid though, as I was given the go ahead to let it hang out. He still hasnt really became comfortable with the car so I took the liberty of doing a first gear punch from about 3.5k and boiling the tires through 1ST, 2nd, and I think 3rd was possible but I let off to hook up and pull her to redline in 3rd. End result I will wait for a base model 5.0 to get cheap and buy it so I can have money left over to mod, still cant chew the 40k plus msrp on he Boss. Sorry for the long read thought some guys with our new edges would like to here about this experience.

Last edited:

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
I would have loved to have the chance to do that. I feel they are much more sound on the interior that the new edges, and definitely faster than most of them (at least mine). I think the price is reasonable for what your getting. I mean Recaros, fully forged rotating assembly, and an awesome suspension set-up isn't exactly "cheap".

But I still love my Cobra.

- Mario.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it holds its own in a straight line. But I agree that it loves the twisties.

My Buick LaCrosse lease is up in 2013 and the Boss 302 is on my next-car list.

BABVenom98

Established Member
I would have loved to have the chance to do that. I feel they are much more sound on the interior that the new edges, and definitely faster than most of them (at least mine). I think the price is reasonable for what your getting. I mean Recaros, fully forged rotating assembly, and an awesome suspension set-up isn't exactly "cheap".

But I still love my Cobra.

- Mario.

To begin to even compare New Edge interiors to 2010+ is simply retarded.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I tell you what I would love to see, Ford come out with a supercharged 5.0, 550rwhp, badged as a the new Cobra. Sorry Mr. Shelby but maybe it's time to get back to the old Cobra Mustang again.

krman68

Established Member
My brother in law just picked a 13 Boss LS on Saturday. I got a chance to drive it with less that 20 miles on the odometer. My initial impression was that the car felt very light and nimble. Not as quick off the line as my Gt500 but felt quick from 20 to 80 and the car felt not as heavy as the Shelby. I am interested to see how it does on the track. I am also wondering if the Bosses also have the '1st 50 mile' computer mode not allowing full power until after like the Shelbys do so it might be quicker once it is in full power mode. Too quiet too . Love the sound of the 13 Shelby

Also noted that the clutch was springy and not as heavy. The shifter felt softer and less precise than the rigid competition feel of the Shelby. Overall, nice car but I'll take my Shelby anyday.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
I like the interior. Seats have suade in them and so is the steering wheel. Plus if you not going to heavily mod the car, $302 and you can activate the TracKey, more power and Lopey idle. If done a couple and it pretty neat.

4601S/C

Established Member
Love the new BOSS. IMO it's one the SN197 car they really nailed, and the only one I'd spend my money on.

coposrv

Established Member
Good review. Something I really like about the boss is a subdued interior.

Users who are viewing this thread