Boss Clutch on GT?

StangLoveR

Established Member
I'm going to need to replace my clutch soon and am considering going to the Boss clutch. I've read on here that the Boss clutches can handle a considerable amount of power, but also saw that the pressure plate is bolted on to the flywheel using 9 bolts instead of the GT's 6.

I haven't been able to determine if the GT flywheel has provisions for 9 bolts for purposes of accepting a clutch such as that of the Boss.

I know someone on here knows the answer!

Also, the car sees a lot of open track time and is making in the neighborhood of 500 to the wheels. I know the Boss clutches have been handling near the ~1,000 horsepower range so my power level is not a significant concern in that regard, but I am wondering how the clutch will handle ~500 hp on a racetrack. Thoughts?

Thanks!

CPRsm

Don't have the answer for you but if it does have the provisions on the flywheel along with the GT bolt pattern they should be the same part #. (Boos and GT) Maybe a local Ford dealer could tell you?

StangLoveR

Established Member
Indeed - did some digging and found pics of both...sure do need the boss flywheel. Now I need to figure out if I want to go the boss route for flywheel/clutch, or step up to a different clutch/flywheel for my application. HMM.

Thanks guys.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Indeed - did some digging and found pics of both...sure do need the boss flywheel. Now I need to figure out if I want to go the boss route for flywheel/clutch, or step up to a different clutch/flywheel for my application. HMM.

Thanks guys.

i think the one guy from evolution on here put a boss clutch in a GT. i think his name is chuck or something.

Users who are viewing this thread