Boss front springs + 55D rear springs?

corruptor

Established Member
I have GT500 mounts since the konis I have are the older 05-09 model.

I'm also running adjustable panhard bar, but truth be told it wasn't necessary since my rear axle didn't shift with a 1" drop.

You may need LCA relocation brackets, depending on whether you want to get rid of the rear end squat, which will be more pronounced with a rear spring drop. The reason is the rear lca mounting point becomes lower than the front, causing rear end to squat under launches and hard acceleration. For what its worth, I could probably deal with the squat if I didn't just get a blower installed.

Fun4me

Established Member
I have GT500 mounts since the konis I have are the older 05-09 model.

I'm also running adjustable panhard bar, but truth be told it wasn't necessary since my rear axle didn't shift with a 1" drop.

You may need LCA relocation brackets, depending on whether you want to get rid of the rear end squat, which will be more pronounced with a rear spring drop. The reason is the rear lca mounting point becomes lower than the front, causing rear end to squat under launches and hard acceleration. For what its worth, I could probably deal with the squat if I didn't just get a blower installed.

So for a DD w/shitty roads maybe the Boss springs will be better that the P springs? With the +11 yellows, I might not need anything else.
What kind of wheels/tires u got?

corruptor

Established Member
Stock brembo package wheels and tires. If you don't want to do other mods to correct the suspension geometry and are worried about being too low, then your best options will be: Stock GT springs, Boss springs, P springs - in that order

Fun4me

Established Member
Stock brembo package wheels and tires. If you don't want to do other mods to correct the suspension geometry and are worried about being too low, then your best options will be: Stock GT springs, Boss springs, P springs - in that order

Almost wondering if the brembo springs are ok for the price(free).

There isn't that much differance between the spring rates of the Boss and brembo. To justify the $200 cost.

Fun4me

Established Member
WHat about oem Boss front and oem brembo rear springs, will that ADD to the rake? With the 7/8" drop in the front and no drop in the rear will this setup need relo brackets?

corruptor

Established Member
WHat about oem Boss front and oem brembo rear springs, will that ADD to the rake? With the 7/8" drop in the front and no drop in the rear will this setup need relo brackets?

Probably will not add any noticeable visual rake (the 1mm Boss rear spring drop is pretty much irrelevant). Will not need relocation brackets, since you are not affecting the rear control arm suspension geometry.

Fun4me

Established Member
Probably will not add any noticeable visual rake (the 1mm Boss rear spring drop is pretty much irrelevant). Will not need relocation brackets, since you are not affecting the rear control arm suspension geometry.[/QUOTE
Sounds like a plan. No panhard either?

corruptor

Established Member
Nope, no need for an adjustable panhard rod either. Having said that, aftermarket adjustable panhard rods have stiffer bushings that help keep the rear end from shifting during bumps (I noticed a big difference from the stock bar, and while it wasn't as much of an enhancement as my previous Watts link setup, I'm glad I have the stiffer bushings as the rear feels much more planted).

Fun4me

Established Member
Nope, no need for an adjustable panhard rod either. Having said that, aftermarket adjustable panhard rods have stiffer bushings that help keep the rear end from shifting during bumps (I noticed a big difference from the stock bar, and while it wasn't as much of an enhancement as my previous Watts link setup, I'm glad I have the stiffer bushings as the rear feels much more planted).

What about a panhard bar and BRACE? Does that stiffen things up almost as much a watts? For a DD.

Fun4me

Established Member
So, Lowering the front 1" doesn't require any other supporting mods.
What about a P spring front and oem Boss rear spring(or Brembo)? Any body try this?

Grant808

Established Member
So, Lowering the front 1" doesn't require any other supporting mods.

Well. your camber is going to change...and for a DD, having -1.4 degrees might kill the inside edge of your tires.

What about a P spring front and oem Boss rear spring(or Brembo)? Any body try this?

I haven't heard of anybody doing that yet. Should work okay if you are still getting the Konis. Do you have a base or Brembo GT?

Fun4me

Established Member
Well. your camber is going to change...and for a DD, having -1.4 degrees might kill the inside edge of your tires.

I haven't heard of anybody doing that yet. Should work okay if you are still getting the Konis. Do you have a base or Brembo GT?

Brembo.

A one inch drop gives you -1.4? That can't be adjusted w/ an alignment w/o the use of cc plates/bolts?

Grant808

Established Member
Brembo.

A one inch drop gives you -1.4? That can't be adjusted w/ an alignment w/o the use of cc plates/bolts?

I already had camber bolts in when I switched to P springs...so I didn't measure it as-is. I'm pretty sure I've read that and if I bolts do the +/- 1 degree...I know that maxed out my camber is -2.4 or -2.5.

There is a trick to change the direction of the upper mount (180 degrees, I think), but I'm not sure how much it changes.

Users who are viewing this thread