Boss Intake @ Jegs

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
maybe they bought a whole bunch of them for cheap and are trying to get rid of them.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
So tempted to grab one of those!

Do it! I just installed mine and can't stop looking at it!

e42cc89e.jpg

msc111

Established Member
No, all you need is 3/8s fuel line, some clamps, washers and bolt. Late model restoration sells a kit for $10. the looks are awesome, the sound and performance at WOT are even better!

White608

Go faster
Established Member
No, all you need is 3/8s fuel line, some clamps, washers and bolt. Late model restoration sells a kit for $10. the looks are awesome, the sound and performance at WOT are even better!

Yeah that's pretty much what I was talking about. I'm going to have a Vortech to go along with it, I have been reading everything trying to plan all of the mods.

You know there is usually a reason the same part is 25% cheaper lol

walked_u_hard

Established Member
unless you spend alot of time above 7,000 RPM or have cams, its not worth the money. seeing as you loose low/mid range and can only spin it to 7,500 safely its not a wise decision for most people. save for LT's instead.

msc111

Established Member
I think it's worth it. Like I said the looks and sound alone are worth it to me. Especially for what I paid for it. And you feel it from 4,500 , not 7000. Unless your running the piss out off your car every week, then I don't THINK there will be problems, but I dk, anything could happen.

unless you spend alot of time above 7,000 RPM or have cams, its not worth the money. seeing as you loose low/mid range and can only spin it to 7,500 safely its not a wise decision for most people. save for LT's instead.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
I think it's worth it. Like I said the looks and sound alone are worth it to me. Especially for what I paid for it. And you feel it from 4,500 , not 7000. Unless your running the piss out off your car every week, then I don't THINK there will be problems, but I dk, anything could happen.

As i said its worth it if you have cams.

It may start to pick up around 4,500 from its already lacking power in the lower rpm's but the stock intake is better at that rpm than the Boss. the stock intake makes more power than the Boss until 6,000 where they are basically even. 6,500+ the boss is over the stock intake by a few HP.

Its not worth it unless your car is in a parking lot with the hood propped up or if your over 7k rpm on a regular basis.

msc111

Established Member
To each their own.

As i said its worth it if you have cams.

It may start to pick up around 4,500 from its already lacking power in the lower rpm's but the stock intake is better at that rpm than the Boss. the stock intake makes more power than the Boss until 6,000 where they are basically even. 6,500+ the boss is over the stock intake by a few HP.

Its not worth it unless your car is in a parking lot with the hood propped up or if your over 7k rpm on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread