Boss intake worth it with supercharger?

bobster

Established Member
Anybody test the waters before and after? I'm sure the more power you make the more the boss intake helps, what about under 10 psi?

burke985

Established Member
I would think for the higher rev ranges past 7k the boss intake would definitely be better ,7k and below keep the stock if going with a centri

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I'll have a boss IMF with a 2200 in 2 short weeks. Actually, two of the longest weeks I've ever waited...

lovebread

Established Member
Probably could have done without on my full bolt on car but I already had the manifold... Would have preferred the extra torque too.

Angry50

Established Member
Probably could have done without on my full bolt on car but I already had the manifold... Would have preferred the extra torque too.

some people say the little to no torque loss is negligible and the high end far out ways the loss. but I don't know id hate for the car to feel sluggish.. I have 3.73 gears but I don't know been debating the manifold

burke985

Established Member
if your going centri then the boss manifold should be automatic ,the stock intake stops making power at 6800 rpm so essentially your wasting rpm if you put a centri on a stock IM car. They have torque boosters for the centris you can purchase if you think the car feels sluggish.

lovebread

Established Member
some people say the little to no torque loss is negligible and the high end far out ways the loss. but I don't know id hate for the car to feel sluggish.. I have 3.73 gears but I don't know been debating the manifold

I have 3.73s right now and you really do get a shit eating grin when it spins past 5500rpm. End up shifting (if you can) around 7300/7400 for peak hp and you wont regret getting the boss/cj manifold.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
if your going centri then the boss manifold should be automatic ,the stock intake stops making power at 6800 rpm so essentially your wasting rpm if you put a centri on a stock IM car. They have torque boosters for the centris you can purchase if you think the car feels sluggish.

That's weird I make peak power at 7525 RPM's with my stock intake and Paxton.

Users who are viewing this thread