Boss Manifold installed and dyno tuned...... results are in.

allicedout

Established Member
So last week I installed a Boss manifold and Steeda CAI on my 2011 Mustang GT, 6mt. Mod wise the car has only the Boss manifold, Steeda CAI and Borla cat back exhaust. The car was tuned up here in Ontario by one of the best, if not the best tuner. Weather that day was not as co-operative as I would have liked, but not 100% that it had anything to do with the results. We tuned in approx 100F with 65-70% humidity. The final numbers came in at 385/334. Based on what a lot of guys are producing are my numbers low? Should I be happy with the results? I understand its not always a numbers game and I will be the first to admit the car drives extremely well. That being said if everything is as it should be what would take for me to peak the 400rwhp mark? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

AKDMB

Established Member
Every dyno is different, final numbers are irrelevant, it's just a tuning tool, only the delta in the before and after numbers really matter. You can't compare one dyno to another even among the same brand.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Did you have any previous numbers? Can you upload the graph? Did they have any numbers from other stock or LBO coyotes to compare? Like mentioned above, the dyno is a tool. Numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt. Real results can be found at the track.

allicedout

Established Member
No previous numbers, here's the dyno graph. clearly the weather report for outside was much different then the temp in the shop.

DYNO%20RUN_zpscytoloba.jpg

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
I dunno, the graph looks ok to me. Nice flat torque curve, good progression of power, no dips and shakes. How's it feel on the road?

Definitely too bad you didn't before and after. As you said, weather can impact but it'd give you some general idea. The Boss mani ain't some magical power adder, frankly. Unless you're willing to spin it regularly into the area where the stock mani dies (above 7K) you aren't likely to see alot. I can see you've done that here.

Sizeth3

Established Member
It looks like your car was continuing to make more power at 7400 rpm, aren't some of the Boss guys running 7800 rpm redlines?

allicedout

Established Member
I dunno, the graph looks ok to me. Nice flat torque curve, good progression of power, no dips and shakes. How's it feel on the road?

The car feels great on the road. I'm not disappointed with the results, just thought there would be more in it. But that being said I guess if I had my tuner spin it to 7800rpm it may have come close to the 400 range. What would be the next logical step as far as mods go?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Off-Road X or H-pipe would be my next step, or just take the plunge and do longtube headers. You will make-up quite a bit of the low-end power you traded off with the BOSS. If E85 is available in the area, would also look into an E85/flex fuel tune.

BTW what gears do you have in that car and was the BOSS ported at all? Smoothing, porting the runners and taking down area around the injectors of the BOSS has been proven time and time again to pick up an additional 10+RWHP and even gain a few ft lbs of TQ back.

50blackout

Established Member
You are gaining power after 6k RPM like a boss manifold should, and like someone else said, the shape looks good. The numbers are "low looking," but remember a dyno is just a measuring tool, and the fact that there are no "before" numbers makes it hard to compare. Also, did they dyno the car in 4th or 5th?

allicedout

Established Member
The cars running stock 3.55's and in all honesty I never thought to ask what gear it was ran in. From the video it sounds like 4th?? No E85 or Flexfuel here in Ontario, Canada.

[video=youtube;-R2Vbc7JE2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R2Vbc7JE2g[/video]

Mark Aubele

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread