Boss or no Boss on Vortech 2013?

Vortech Car, which Intake Mani, Boss or no Boss?

• Total voters

imeyers302

Established Member
I have a boss manifold on my Procharger setup. It looks good but i feel its not any improvement over the stock manifold once boost comes into play.

My car is wastegated and i shift at 7000rpm. A non wastegate blower shifting at 7500 would benefit from a boss manifold

Where did you get the wastegate setup for the procharger?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Boss manifold is not worth it. Personally I'd sell it, but If you're gonna go with one, go with cobra jet. You won't lose as much low end torque. Or you can go with a PD supercharger and the keep the stock manifold. They're good at torque gains

Sent from my Z981 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

What I don't understand is that the CJ has longer runners than the boss and people say the CJ looses less tq than the boss. I thought the longer the runner the more low end tq you loose?

Ryan Fonseca

Established Member
Its shorter runners = more tq lose. If the stock manifold was the same style of strait runners with a plenum on top it would be like 6 inches higher than the boss manifold lol.

Ryan Fonseca

Established Member
I was going to go pro-charger, but decided on PD supercharger because of torque gains. Why sacrifice torque when for the same price range you can get the around the same power(if not more) AND get good torque. But everyone has their own preference.

While I loved my 03 CObras PD anything over 500hp was pointless on the street on those cars. ANd they do fall off up top compared to a Centri. So if you are goign PD you better be ready to always have great tires on your car and replacing them often if you have a heavy foot. I think with the centri ill be faster since I will actually be able to accelerate and not just burnout. They both have pros and cons but its really more about what you want out the car.

Ryan Fonseca

Established Member
Boss manifold is not worth it. Personally I'd sell it, but If you're gonna go with one, go with cobra jet. You won't lose as much low end torque. Or you can go with a PD supercharger and the keep the stock manifold. They're good at torque gains

How do you run a PD blower and keep the stock manifold? lol And to me the Cobra Jet while nice and great for power is not worth the price tag.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
stock intake should work fine for what your trying to do. the boss will shine up top. but the oem intake works good at the 600 rwhp level

Users who are viewing this thread