Boss stroker build up, ported heads, cams, 2.9 whipple.

mach1033

Established Member
You need to update your thread!!! Did you take pics of her when you picked it up?

Nope no pics. I was just happy that I finally picked it up. As soon as I have it installed and running then I will update my thread. And hopefully it will survive a dyno pull LOL.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thought I'd update this thread for Brian...

Brian had to fly out to WI to get his motor back.. Today we loaded up everything minus the car into my truck and headed to AED in Shingle Springs.. Drew@AED is going to be taking over this build and making it right from all the **** ups that Cory did.. It's in good hands with Drew and he's going to through the motor to make sure that ****tard Cory actually built the motor correct.. There are some other goodies that Drew is going to be adding as well.. In a couple months when everything is assembled I'll be taking the car up there to AED for the install and tune..

I'm very happy for Brian that this build is back on track finally and in the right hands!!!

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Thought I'd update this thread for Brian...

Brian had to fly out to WI to get his motor back.. Today we loaded up everything minus the car into my truck and headed to AED in Shingle Springs.. Drew@AED is going to be taking over this build and making it right from all the **** ups that Cory did.. It's in good hands with Drew and he's going to through the motor to make sure that ****tard Cory actually built the motor correct.. There are some other goodies that Drew is going to be adding as well.. In a couple months when everything is assembled I'll be taking the car up there to AED for the install and tune..

I'm very happy for Brian that this build is back on track finally and in the right hands!!!

It's amazing how you hear so many horror stories like this loser Cory:nonono:
Glad the engine is going to some one who knows...and not acts to know what their doing like mr ****tard

gabe1530

Banned
Yup, im glad the build is back on track and in the hands of AED.
Cant thank my buddy Chris enough for helping out.

gabe1530

Banned
engine is being rebuilt. previous builder removed the rings and re assembled the short block. good thing the motor was checked over before longblock assembly otherwise there would have been zero compression. I'm thinking the previous builder (Cory) was trying to cover his ass because he did not know how to install anything correctly. In summary, new rings had to be ordered and everything is being rebalanced. Once assembled, it's back to AED for a tune.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
engine is being rebuilt. previous builder removed the rings and re assembled the short block. good thing the motor was checked over before longblock assembly otherwise there would have been zero compression. I'm thinking the previous builder (Cory) was trying to cover his ass because he did not know how to install anything correctly. In summary, new rings had to be ordered and everything is being rebalanced. Once assembled, it's back to AED for a tune.

No rings???

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
wow sounds as crazy as mine hell car.

my project was started almost 3 years ago. after 2 motor failures and a lot of ****ing around I took car to bob kurgan and its in his hands now.

I hope to have mine done in a few weeks.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea no freaking rings!! Couldn't believe that shit Brian lol.. Good thing AED pulled one cylinder to check it lol!!

:beer: for nightmare builds :)

gabe1530

Banned
Yeah i wish I started the build in this direction but you live and you learn. He also fudged the cams... The new custom cams arrived a couple weeks ago and that's when we found that there were no rings as I asked AED to double check Corys work.

Users who are viewing this thread