Boss Style Stripes installed today!

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
You do realize the 5.0 is a 302 right? The only difference is the intake and a couple internals

That and:
CNC ported 356 aluminum heads
Stronger valve springs
cooling system
Mahle forged pistons
connecting rods
crank
clutch
oil cooler
cams
Lightened valvetrain components
Bigger valves
Sodium-filled exhaust valves
Revised oil pan baffling
Copper-lead engine bearings from the GT500
Flywheel
Harmonic damper
Timing chain tensioners

etc but yeah its close :pop:

Last edited:

spankreasy

Established Member
Hey OP How much would your local guy charge to add the boss sides without the boss logo on it?

here is a pic or two..and one extra b/c I like it lol.

9741973343_zps41d8ef84.jpg

9741973748_zps3d4ea15e.jpg

9741973702_zpsd950217a.jpg

spankreasy

Established Member
And I love the Grey...I kinda wish I waited out for a Grabber Blue or Grey but everyone wanted way too much for the mileage. :(

BMR Tech

Looks good.

I recommend just removing the "boss" letters. I think that would take the faux out of it, and add some nice uniqueness at the same time.

I look forward to seeing your progress. Oh and, nice stance!

PhantomX

Established Member
Hey OP How much would your local guy charge to add the boss sides without the boss logo on it?

here is a pic or two..and one extra b/c I like it lol.

9741973343_zps41d8ef84.jpg

9741973748_zps3d4ea15e.jpg

9741973702_zpsd950217a.jpg

I believe he said the sides were $200 he does a quite a few of these with just the 302 in there and no Boss on the top. PM me and I can give you his number.

And yes I could satisfy the "die hards" and make them happy but it's my car and it makes me happy, that's all that really matters... I'm sure every person who installed a BOSS intake on there car gets the same question from the uninformed "is that a real Boss?" Ultimately I can't buy a new Boss cause they don't have any more or I would have bought a real one so I'll settle for making mine look like one. Hell I've seen a bunch here putting the GT500 ass end on there car and even the front clip as well as the hoods but heaven forbid someone puts the letters BOSS on there car lol...

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Nobody ever asked if my car was a Shelby because I put quad mufflers on it, nor do people drive around with their hoods up so that you can see a Boss intake. I hate it equally when people leave the snake on the grille on a GT500 front conversion. Do whatever you want, but you're doing a poor job of justifying it. It's fake, the end.

Users who are viewing this thread