Boss Style Stripes installed today!

PhantomX

Established Member
After contemplating all kinds of striping options, and let me tell you there are a shit ton for the mustang, I decided since I was going with the Boss 302 scheme i'd do the stripes too. Did matte black and it blends in nicely. Really happy with it and the guy did a great job. Here's a couple quick pics i'll get some better ones tomorrow...

Before:
03C7949C-1700-4FD1-BF8D-3B084C9434BC.jpg

After:
FE44E0EF-7B43-45B7-B28D-3A69E7DAE870.jpg

0D7EC839-0D38-43F7-A488-C8D15DC4B934.jpg

A54EE9C1-3F16-4E55-B204-FA33A71EE08F.jpg

Really want to add the chin spoiler now, wanted the actually Boss one but $750 is nuts. The CDC one looks nice as does the Roush. Gonna have whichever one wrapped in carbon fiber to match the other parts I had done.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Those aren't BOSS "Style" stripes......those are BOSS Stripes!
You might get some flaming for that....kinda like adding a cobra badge to a V6!

But as long as you like them good on ya I guess.
There was only ever one SGM BOSS built, and it was auctioned off for charity.

PhantomX

Established Member
Cause I like the boss look. I'm kind of replicating that look with the fogs out, boss 302s wheels, stripes and soon to be chin spoiler. Not to mention the boss 302 designation has been thrown around in lots of different mustangs, even F150's. It does actually have a 302 in it and I am planning a ported Boss intake (or cobra jet). So of all the branding items to replicate it's the most loosely translated by Ford. It's not nearly as faux pax as putting a 5.0 badge on a V6 or a Shelby badge on a 5.0. We are all hypocritics in some fashion when we mod our cars putting Roush parts on non Roush cars or Cobra parts on non cobra cars. Hell ford sells you the parts so you can mix and match however you like.

Oh and the stripes are close to factory but they are different. The fonts are different and the stripe position and thickness are also different. I also have the black 5.0 badges in the stripe which a boss doesn't have (had to cover the holes). So yes they are Boss "like" not exact. I've actually seen a lot of the non boss cars running around with this stripe setup on it. Probably seen 5 or 6 around my area just like this with one of the Boss themed stripes on it. Anyone that knows about the Boss cars knows it's just a replica and I'm not trying to pass it off as one I just love that appearance.

I think of all the badging crimes to commit this one is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Besides it's my car and I like it.

Last edited:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Stillen chin with Long acre 8" rods. Won't be adjustable but the look is there.
IMG_20140427_135308552_zpsb4af4162.jpg

Mine with out the rods
And here is Ultrakla$$ic pic on bottom
Screenshot_2014-04-09-20-45-36_zpsu43p6mrz.png

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Eh, you're putting a boss Decal on a non-boss car. Try to defend any which way youd like, but that remains a fact.

Your car though :)

PhantomX

Established Member
Local stripe guy that does dealer work here locally. As for the Boss being on there Boss is actually ford's designation for the engine not the car. The car inherits is name from the motor.

Thanks for all the comments though. That's life not everyone agrees with everyone else's point of view. Some will like it and agree others won't and that's ok too.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Stripes are applied wrong. Look at the rear quarter light. The stripes are too low. By your pic it looks about 1/2 inch to low.

I mean it's your car. Just get use to people asking if its a real boss then you have to respond with no :??:

I think your car looked really good as is. IMO

Ford-Mustang_Boss_302_2013_photo_06.jpg

Last edited:

PhantomX

Established Member
Yes I know that's why I said "boss style" stripes. I like that style of stripe didn't say I was trying to make an exact copy. Most people have no clue that there actually is a Boss Mustang and the others that do have a clue no better. The stripes are where they are because of the 5.0 badges. They had to cover the holes in the fender and align with the 5.0 badge. Like I said I like the style most common folk have no clue anyways.

On a different note stopped by the dealer today the guys at brandon ford loved it.

Thanks for the chin suggestions I'll check that out

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Those aren't BOSS "Style" stripes......those are BOSS Stripes!
You might get some flaming for that....kinda like adding a cobra badge to a V6!

But as long as you like them good on ya I guess.
There was only ever one SGM BOSS built, and it was auctioned off for charity.

the back end part that goes around the reflector is different from the bosses. not sure if the OP put them on that way or what

Looks good but idk if I would put 302 stickers on my non-boss mustang.

edit: someone beat me to the first part

PhantomX

Established Member
the back end part that goes around the reflector is different from the bosses. not sure if the OP put them on that way or what

Looks good but idk if I would put 302 stickers on my non-boss mustang.

edit: someone beat me to the first part

You do realize the 5.0 is a 302 right? The only difference is the intake and a couple internals

PhantomX

Established Member
Hey he said it lol I'm sure he mentioned to say Boss on a non Boss.

And yes the Internet is full of opinionated folks and that's cool. The car gets tons of attention and lots of compliments. You can't please everyone all the time only some of the poeple some of the time. I'm a good sport about it I don't mind.

FYI ordering that chin spoiler from Stillen now!

Users who are viewing this thread