boss track attack and ford racing school

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Just got back from Tooele Utah near salt lake city from Miller motorsports park attending the boss track attack and ford racing school. What an amazing event. Miller motorsports park is a great facility. The staff welcomed you like family and the instructors were top notch track dawgs. I cant thank Bill Rhinehart, Brandon Davis, Byron Payne and James Burke enough. They really helped me step up my ability and comfort level on the track more than any other driving event ever has.

Here are a few shots that my wife took with my gs4 cell. I still have to upload vids from my ion video camera mounted to the roof and pro shots taken by photo Joe of 4theriders.com

my boss 302 for the day. they do their best to give you the same color as your car at home. My 13 boss 302 is race red
20131022_091158_zpsc5c63f37.jpg

this is by far my favorite shot. pretty amazing for a cell phone
20131022_143937_zps5557e92c.jpg

sure wish I could have taken this car back home with me for some laps around my local track. Hallett
20131023_080657_zps04ed7d67.jpg

on track for the second day of ford racing school in the fr 500 S
20131023_140755_zps468986e1.jpg

20131023_141957_zps6ab00d8b.jpg

I always have a habit of killing cones on outside apex points. Bill Rhinehart said he was proud of me for using all the track and gave me the killed cone to take back home
20131023_184855_zpse62b562b.jpg

Quick vid of my instructor Brandon Davis (an amazing race car driver. look him up) looking on as we come down the front straight into turn 1 on the west section of MMP
th_20131023_141810_zps1360bc90.jpg

any new boss owners that havent made the boss track attack need to hurry and schedule for early next year. Raptor owners need to attend the raptor event there. Its amazing! Anyone who loves road racing or wants to learn......this is the place to go! Make a vacation out of it. Plenty of beauty to see in the salt lake city area. The school provides great lunch and top notch instruction that will help everyone from first timers to hardcore track dawgs.

added some more pics.

my favorite shot of me in the fr500S
IMG_4083_zpsacd157d9.jpg

4TR_5254_zps62b5ee1a.jpg

4TR_7067_zps9319a8d1.jpg

4TR_2590_zps0ada2790.jpg

4TR_4136_zps4ce991a5.jpg

4TR_7082_zps61ed5c7b.jpg

4TR_7087_zpsa8d12a7c.jpg

4TR_9077_zpsb8a48f5c.jpg

me pushing my friend darren around the track
IMG_2975_zps9f5113f0.jpg

IMG_2941_zpsd63dc384.jpg

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
sweet man that looks like a lot of fun! BTW what are the specs on the white car?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Sounds awesome. Is this an owners only class i take it?

the boss track attack is for original owners only but you can drive their modified mustang gt's and fr 500 s as part of the two day ford racing school. They also have the raptor assault and other events that include getting your nasa or scca license

03 KYL

Established Member
I just did this about a month ago (9/18-9/19) and can vouch for everything that the OP has posted. Truly an amazing event and MMP is a first class facility in every way possible.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That looked like a really awesome training session. To have a Boss and then get the opportunity to learn how to drive it on a track is great. Must have been a blast.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
That looked like a really awesome training session. To have a Boss and then get the opportunity to learn how to drive it on a track is great. Must have been a blast.

It was an amazing experience thanks to the facilities and staff at miller motorsports park. Just fueled the fire to get my own boss out to the track more. My old cobra was a little too much at over 700 rwhp. They are going to start an ST program after the extentsion of boss track attack is over. I've been trying to talk the wife into letting me sell my toyota FJ and get an ST so we can go back.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Pics look great Brandon, glad you had a good time!

We need to meet up at heartland park topeka sometime next year!
If you do this you better get ahold of me! Thats only a 3.5 hour drive or so from my place and I still owe you a beer from this past weekends game :beer:

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Went a year ago and had a blast. I had the Blaze #15. On a side note got to meet Larry Millers Son Roger At Indy 3 weeks before he passed. He took time to talk to my wife and I and to thank us for being fans. He went in to his rig and came out with fan packs loaded with stuff for us. Great guy and family Was shocked to see him pass so young.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Pics look great Brandon, glad you had a good time!

If you do this you better get ahold of me! Thats only a 3.5 hour drive or so from my place and I still owe you a beer from this past weekends game :beer:

It was a blast brother. Would love to see my old cobra at the track again. I'll start looking at HPT schedule and see if there would be a good event. I've got a great friend that lives there so its an easy trip.

Went a year ago and had a blast. I had the Blaze #15. On a side note got to meet Larry Millers Son Roger At Indy 3 weeks before he passed. He took time to talk to my wife and I and to thank us for being fans. He went in to his rig and came out with fan packs loaded with stuff for us. Great guy and family Was shocked to see him pass so young.

The miller family is a great group of people. It was a tragedy losing Roger.

Users who are viewing this thread