BOSS302R 015 Build

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
Not a Cobra R but it's still an R. Hope everyone doesn't mind...

I recently acquired the wrecked and stripped BOSS302R 015 tub. It needs some straightening, radiator core support, quarter panel and just about all the bits and pieces that make up a Boss 302R.

I'm trying to decide what race configuration and livery to run on it.

This chassis was raced by Starworks in the Continental Tire Challenge Series and by FastCo in the Canadian Touring Car Championship. During its pro days it raced in several configurations and a couple liveries. Starworks had four 302R chassis. I'm not exactly sure which livery my chassis ran for Starworks but I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to either the Venezualan Colors striped chassis or the Blue striped chassis. For FastCo it ran the 2013 Boss 302S/World Challenge aero package along with their own elaborate livery.

Starworks Body Configurations
-2012 Boss 302R Body.
-2012 Boss 302R Front End with 2013 Rear End.
-2013 Boss 302R Front and Rear.

FastCo Body Configuration
-2013 Boss 302S/World Challenge Aero Package Front and Rear.

What do you guys think? Which route should I go with the build?

FB_IMG_1603684121439.jpg
FB_IMG_1603684097005.jpg
DSC01003.jpg

brianz426

Established Member
Even thou I'm normally not of fan of big wings I'll pick the FastCo livery and aero package as my first choice. It's different and it just looks cooler (less plain/common). Good luck with the build and keep us updated with your progress.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Starworks Body Configurations
-2012 Boss 302R Body.
-2012 Boss 302R Front End with 2013 Rear End.
-2013 Boss 302R Front and Rear.

FastCo Body Configuration
-2013 Boss 302S/World Challenge Aero Package Front and Rear.

What do you guys think? Which route should I go with the build?

View attachment 1675824
View attachment 1675825
View attachment 1675826

Sorry, Todd, not a Cobra R so the mods need to delete this thread.......

HAHA, but seriously, if the chassis is a 302R the FastCo would be out for me since it is an S configuration. Same for the 2013 rear end treatment under Starworks.

That leaves the first and third livery under Starworks. Was one livery more successful than the other? Was one run for more events than the other? Do you prefer one over the other?

The blue stripe resembles your R.

Tom

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, Todd, not a Cobra R so the mods need to delete this thread.......

HAHA, but seriously, if the chassis is a 302R the FastCo would be out for me since it is an S configuration. Same for the 2013 rear end treatment under Starworks.

That leaves the first and third livery under Starworks. Was one livery more successful than the other? Was one run for more events than the other? Do you prefer one over the other?

The blue stripe resembles your R.

Tom
Yeah Tom is right it’s an 302R so should be one of the R liveries.

However it’s your car now do what you like.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with those who prefer the 'R' route. I'd definitely stay with its roots, which is the 'R'.

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
Tom, the Starworks Boss 302R program was not very successful in Grand Am.

This video pretty much sums it up:

I also prefer the 302R setup but wasn't sure about backdating the livery. Not sure what is customary or "acceptable" with old racecars.

Thanks for all the inputs.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
WOW! Guys tore up a lot of sheet metal in a very short time.

How much was it raced in each of the liveries? Any significant finishes to work with?

Tom

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
How much was it raced in each of the liveries? Any significant finishes to work with?

Tom

As best I can tell it ran three races for Starworks. I'm trying to determine how many races for FastCo. I know they had some podiums, even some first place finishes but I'm not sure if it was in my chassis.

Here are a couple pics of Starworks liveries in 2013 configuration. Still trying to determine which of the two chassis is mine.

Starworks 11.jpg Starworks 22.jpg

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
Before you decide, make sure you don't run into any trademark issues. No sense painting it up and shortly thereafter getting a cease & desist letter.

Users who are viewing this thread