BOSTON FANS SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by 28 fangs
It wasn't even a fan...It was a field grounds keeper...

Who was the player that he attacked? They said the player cut his hand throwing a punch back....:read:

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
oh man, did you see Zimmer go after Pedro?? that was funny.

they stopped selling beer halfway through the 6th....gee i wonder why.

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
Pedro should be beaten to a pulp! I had SOME respect for that guy, but after what he did to Zimmer, I have NONE! That was just plain WRONG!

Last edited:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
If you look at where Varitek set up, it was obvious Pedro wasn't trying to bean Karim Garcia on purpose. I think the ball just got away from him and Pedro's head just wasn't into the game. But you have a bench full of Yankee hot heads sitting over there yelling obscenities at him (Including Zim) so he responded with his taunts. As far as the pitch to Manny goes...I believe he over reacted. But you have to look at Manny's emotions throughout the season...Either he is too emotional or not emotional enough. That's just Manny. The real Red Sox fans have just learned to deal with it...Personally, I'd rather see an emotional Manny rather than one who doesn't run out ground balls (as he has done, and been criticized for in the past.) IMHO, Zim deserved to be thrown to the ground. HE charged ACROSS the infield and took a swing at Pedro. That's a big no-no.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
All I have to say is Don Zimmer is a senior citizen and well out of shape. He didnt charge anything, you hustled a little bit and Pedro didnt need to throw a 72 year old man to the ground.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
The Sox are a bunch of scurvy, bad sports. Martinez and Ramirez should be thrown out of baseball.

Sox fans are so obsessed by the Yanks, that they've lost all objectivity.

NY Yankees rule!

:gt: :D :beer: :D :gt:

tvguy

Originally posted by FordSVTFan
All I have to say is Don Zimmer is a senior citizen and well out of shape. He didnt charge anything, you hustled a little bit and Pedro didnt need to throw a 72 year old man to the ground.

Funny how 100 people can see the same event and describe it 100 different ways. I DID see Zimmer charge Pedro and throw a punch like a 72 year old would. I DID see Pedro push him away and thus he fell down. I DIDN'T see him push Zimmer down. To me it looked like he was falling all on his own, but made contact with Zimmer. If anyone should be ashamed, it would be BOTH men. But I don't think they should be ashamed. No harm no foul. Note to Zimmer: DON'T charge players 40 years younger!!
pacotaco
PS. And YES, he ABSOLUTELY charged Pedro. That was NOT hustle.

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I'm sorry, but I do not agree. Zim is a hothead...always has been. It was obvious that he came looking for Pedro, intent on attacking him. Everyone has the right to defend him/herself regardless of the AGE of the attacker. Come on...Zim should pick his fights better.

Last edited:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by Petzuk
The Sox are a bunch of scurvy, bad sports. Martinez and Ramirez should be thrown out of baseball.

I agree, lets throw out every pitcher who has ever hit a batter and every batter who has ever charged the mound. Right...whatever. This is baseball, not cricket...get over it.

PS. Perhaps we should throw out Karim Garcia for trying to take out Boston's third baseman for no reason as well? Right? I mean, I'm just trying to understand your logic here.

Last edited:

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
I'm sorry, but I do not agree. Zim is a hothead...always has been. It was obvious that he came looking for Pedro, intent on attacking him. Everyone has the right to defend him/herself regardless of the AGE of the attacker. Come on...Zim should pick his fights better.

Looked like PEDRO was out there looking for shit.
Recap, Pedro whent head hunting. Pedro can kick
Zimmers ass, Manny is a BITCH!!!!!!

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by florida03
Looked like PEDRO was out there looking for shit.
Recap, Pedro whent head hunting. Pedro can kick
Zimmers ass, Manny is a BITCH!!!!!!

Again, I disagree. Like I said, if you look at where Varitek set up, it's obvious that he wasn't even trying to throw inside. The pitch just got away from him and I honestly believe Pedro's head was not in the game. And Pedro didn't even try to kick Zim's ass...as a matter of fact, Zim made an ass out of himself for even trying. I did like the "Ohhh...I'm a hurt old man." image he tried to portray afterwards though. It almost brought a tear to my eye.

cone

Established Member
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
If you look at where Varitek set up, it was obvious Pedro wasn't trying to bean Karim Garcia on purpose. I think the ball just got away from him and Pedro's head just wasn't into the game. But you have a bench full of Yankee hot heads sitting over there yelling obscenities at him (Including Zim) so he responded with his taunts. As far as the pitch to Manny goes...I believe he over reacted. But you have to look at Manny's emotions throughout the season...Either he is too emotional or not emotional enough. That's just Manny. The real Red Sox fans have just learned to deal with it...Personally, I'd rather see an emotional Manny rather than one who doesn't run out ground balls (as he has done, and been criticized for in the past.) IMHO, Zim deserved to be thrown to the ground. HE charged ACROSS the infield and took a swing at Pedro. That's a big no-no.

sorry but i disagree, for one thing the reason zim was yelling shit at pedro was because he pointed to his temple and said that he would hit them there, that is wayy over board, and secondly zim didnt have a closed fist, he wasnt swinging at pedro, the guy is 70 yrs old.

and also boston has hit yankees in basically every game they played this year, and the yanks have retaliated once.

Last edited:

cone

Established Member
i must say tho i do agree with u on the fact that karim was passed the base when he slide tackled the second baseman, that was uncalled for.

Users who are viewing this thread