BOSTON FANS SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by cone
sorry but i disagree, for one thing the reason zim was yelling shit at pedro was because he pointed to his temple and said that he would hit them there, that is wayy over board, and secondly zim didnt have a closed fist, he wasnt swinging at pedro, the guy is 70 yrs old.

and also boston has hit yankees in basically every game they played this year, and the yanks have retaliated once.

LOL! What was Zim trying to do then? Did he want to dance with Pedro?

Taken from MSNBC:

"Both dugouts and bullpens emptied, with Zimmer coming all the way across the infield to the first-base side. The coach headed for the 31-year-old Martinez and lunged at him. Martinez sidestepped him, grabbed him by the head with both hands and tossed him to the ground. Zimmer landed face down and rolled over on his back."

This is what I saw, maybe you were watching a different game.

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
Again, I disagree. Like I said, if you look at where Varitek set up, it's obvious that he wasn't even trying to throw inside. The pitch just got away from him and I honestly believe Pedro's head was not in the game. And Pedro didn't even try to kick Zim's ass...as a matter of fact, Zim made an ass out of himself for even trying. I did like the "Ohhh...I'm a hurt old man." image he tried to portray afterwards though. It almost brought a tear to my eye.

Cry all you want, but you are still just another
Yankee hater and cant cope. After you go head hunting
like Pedro did, dont look at the Yankee dugout and point
at the HEAD. Watch the game before you talk shit!!!!

cone

Established Member
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
LOL! What was Zim trying to do then? Did he want to dance with Pedro?

Taken from MSNBC:

"Both dugouts and bullpens emptied, with Zimmer coming all the way across the infield to the first-base side. The coach headed for the 31-year-old Martinez and lunged at him. Martinez sidestepped him, grabbed him by the head with both hands and tossed him to the ground. Zimmer landed face down and rolled over on his back."

This is what I saw, maybe you were watching a different game.

ohh man ur right i was watching a different game, ok ill agree that he did sortof lung at him and shit, but do u understand what ur saying, ur finding it respectable, no better yet ur encouraging the fact that a 31yr old could kick a 70 yr olds ass, wow that takes a real man to do that, but oh well, theres no point in arguing, i would have rather that not happen at all, so maybe some punches could have been thrown, better than watchin his fat ass roll around on the ground, haha i thought that it was david wells at first with his bald head, i was like jesus he just got manhandled

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Gyeah...Baseball at it's best...I love it
14.gif

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by cone
ohh man ur right i was watching a different game, ok ill agree that he did sortof lung at him and shit, but do u understand what ur saying, ur finding it respectable, no better yet ur encouraging the fact that a 31yr old could kick a 70 yr olds ass, wow that takes a real man to do that, but oh well, theres no point in arguing, i would have rather that not happen at all, so maybe some punches could have been thrown, better than watchin his fat ass roll around on the ground, haha i thought that it was david wells at first with his bald head, i was like jesus he just got manhandled

So are you saying that Pedro should have sat there and taken a shot from Zim? I think Pedro, and any other player for that matter, have the RIGHT to defend themselves. It doesn't matter how old Zim is, he's obviously still got enough spunk left in him to propel his fat ass halfway across the field to attack another player...so screw him. Down he goes. I think the whole situation is/was sour but I think Pedro acted accordingly. If it was any other player on that Yankee's team we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

StangD281

Established Member
They looked like a bunch of bitches in Boston. Manny crying over a pitch thrown high, yet in the middle of the plate. It was 2 feet from his ****in head.....too bad Clemens didnt light his ass up.

The series is as good as over.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Benchs are clearing and Zimmer shouldn't been running to a player from the other team. Would make me nervous too and Pedro got him out of his face. Looked like Zimm was gettin near his face

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The whole thing was pretty amusing. I told my Dad before the game that tempers would flare. It's the beauty of a Sox/Yanks series. Too bad the game got PPD tonight.

evoish

Established Member
Its all good Pedro paid the ultimate price. He got the loss and the Yanks are up 2-1 now. Thanks Pedro for being what i knew you truly were. :thumbsup:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
GO RED SOX!!! yeah we ar yank haters that is what being from this area is all about, did Pedro go head hunting ? i dont think so, i think it just got away from him did Manny overeact? oh yeah that ball was no where near his head, but something a little high got him thinking of retaliation so that is why he reacted that way he did................and i dont think Pedro was pointing at his temple and talking to zim i think it was to garcia as in i got in to your head not i am going to thro it there

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
At first when I saw the picture I thought "throw Pedro out of Baseball". Then I read into the article a bit and read what was stated above by nbc. Zimmer deserved it for going over there. Pedro didn't hit him out of respect. The bullpen thing is b.s. The maintanence worker should be fired.

Those 2 teams have so much on the line with their 150 million dollar teams the tension is a bit high. There is never fights at the Angles games I go to because they only have 40 million on the line. These 2 teams need to calm down a bit towards each other or get fined every time there is an altercation.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
It's a natural reaction I believe if someone is charging you to protect yourself. Case in point ! Somebody comes charging at you you take em down. If he would have jumped on him and started punching differant story ?

Pedro definatly was going for the guys head. That's what makes pedro great ! He is an old school pitcher that trys to beat you physically and pschologically ! But he ended up psyching his own team out. Everybody thought or figured that when Manny was up he was going to get drilled. And Manny was so scared that he reacted to something that was just high IMHO ?

Go Red Sox ! I still hate the Yankees ! I think there should be an asterick for every year they win !

Users who are viewing this thread