Bought a new car

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Well, after getting rid of my four wheelers and PCSing from Nevada to South Carolina I didn't really have the need for my Expedition any more (gas prices didn't help any either). So, after looking at the BMW 335 coupe and the Audi A5 I went with the Audi, and after a 5 month wait she finally arrived...just in time for me to deploy again. Oh well, at least I had 5 days with the new ride before I left, and once I get back it will still be new.

I ended up ordering a Monza Silver A5 S-Line with manual transmission (of course). I had it loaded down with all the options including Nav, Bang and Olafsen stereo, back up camera, alcantara seat inserts (black with silver stitching) and the whole smart key thing (no need to put the key in the ignition, just get in, and push the start button), 19 inch rims, and too many other features to list. Here it is:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll have to get my wife to get some interior shots later. It's not super fast or anything...265hp 3.2 V6, but with Quattro AWD, this thing shoots out of the hole fast as hell.

Here are some interior shots. I know they are dark, my wife took them last night. She will get me some better pics in the daytime.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
What made you pick that over the 335?

A couple of things actually. The BWM was definitely faster, but I wasn't that concerned about speed (I have an 800rwhp Cobra).

First was the interior, the Audi blows the BMW away there, much larger interior with much finer materials and better fit and finish (A5 is nearly the size of the BMW 6 series), and looks. It seems like there are a ton of BMW 3 series around, but I have not seen another A5/S5 in town since I ordered the A5 in April.

I also love the Quattro, the A5 will take a turn like no other car I have driven. Also, the MMI is so much easier than BMW iDrive. I have complete blue tooth, iPod, CD, Satellite radio integration that is seamless. Really easy to figure out.

Mostly it was the styling though, you don't see these things around anywhere.

Last edited:

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
I like it except the lower part of what looks to be the grill opening. It just looks too big from straight on. I do love Audis new headlights though!:beer:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Thanks everyone. After having the smooth ride and all the creature comforts of my 07 Expedition Limited, I wanted to have something that was sporty but still had all the luxury items I grew acustomed too in the Expedition.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Well, after getting rid of my four wheelers and PCSing from Nevada to South Carolina I didn't really have the need for my Expedition any more (gas prices didn't help any either). So, after looking at the BMW 335 coupe and the Audi A5 I went with the Audi, and after a 5 month wait she finally arrived...just in time for me to deploy again. Oh well, at least I had 5 days with the new ride before I left, and once I get back it will still be new.

I ended up ordering a Monza Silver A5 S-Line with manual transmission (of course). I had it loaded down with all the options including Nav, Bang and Olafsen stereo, back up camera, alcantara seat inserts (black with silver stitching) and the whole smart key thing (no need to put the key in the ignition, just get in, and push the start button), 19 inch rims, and too many other features to list. Here it is:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll have to get my wife to get some interior shots later. It's not super fast or anything...265hp 3.2 V6, but with Quattro AWD, this thing shoots out of the hole fast as hell.

MOVED!:wf::wf:

I'm going to start giving infractions for members that are not smart enough or choose not to use the corrct forums.

The SVTP staff has to move multiple threads everyday because people don't use thier brains before they post.:nonono:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
MOVED!:wf::wf:

I'm going to start giving infractions for members that are not smart enough or choose not to use the corrct forums.

The SVTP staff has to move multiple threads everyday because people don't use thier brains before they post.:nonono:

Wow, don't talk too me, I've been bad.

EDITED by L.L. NO REASON TO BE A SMARTASS.

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
A couple of things actually. The BWM was definitely faster, but I wasn't that concerned about speed (I have an 800rwhp Cobra).

First was the interior, the Audi blows the BMW away there, much larger interior with much finer materials and better fit and finish (A5 is nearly the size of the BMW 6 series), and looks. It seems like there are a ton of BMW 3 series around, but I have not seen another A5/S5 in town since I ordered the A5 in April.

I also love the Quattro, the A5 will take a turn like no other car I have driven. Also, the MMI is so much easier than BMW iDrive. I have complete blue tooth, iPod, CD, Satellite radio integration that is seamless. Really easy to figure out.

Mostly it was the styling though, you don't see these things around anywhere.

Good choice.....BMW's are pretty nice but I think Audi takes it to a whole different level. As long as you have an extended warranty. They can be VERY expensive to fix.

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Great choice, but yeah you're right. Still miss my S4. For the money, certainly not the fastest in a staight line around, but all my friends with quicker cars loved it. Best interior by far, and nobody could touch me in the twisties. Even still, cruising along at 120 mph and it felt like I was doing 65, the refinement is fantastic.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I love the LED daytime running lights in these cars... looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread