Bought cobra today.

cbehr

Established Member
Nice clean car, congrats!!

Man I had no idea insurance would be this much on a terminator. I'm just looking for one now but insurance $1K/year...jeez!!

EDIT, I contacted my State Farm agent and they quoted $310/yr as my second car(low mileage).

Last edited:

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Thanks,

I have it right now insured through state farm as a 2nd car. I will use them until I pay some of my loan off as I have GAP insurance that covers the loan for a total loss. Unless my agent misinformed me though, if there is a total loss for the vehicle they would only pay out about 10-12K.

Going with a collector car insurance, you have the agreed upon value if anything will happen, which as soon as the loan goes down a bit, I will be switching to.

cbehr

Established Member
Ah gotcha, I'll have to ask to see what value they put on it. I told her a purchase price for the quote but I should make sure it would be covered for the full amount.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ah gotcha, I'll have to ask to see what value they put on it. I told her a purchase price for the quote but I should make sure it would be covered for the full amount.
Shop around. I have Grundy, my car is valued at 32k and pay about 500 a year.

I recently put my 90 coupe through my local American Family insurance. I valued it at 19k and I'm paying 140 dollars for 6 months. It's because the car is over 20 year's old. Once the Cobra gets that age I'll probably switch that over to American Family as well.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread