Bought cobra today.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
So that is a great and clean car. Couple points from looking at the pics and discussion on any changes from stock:

1 - The 03/04 Cobra verts came with stock sub-frame connectors factory. They would be bolted in (I believe just like the Mach 1's). Coupe did not get this.
2 - As you stated, those are the stock rims
3 - Exhaust is likely magnaflow as others mention, but too hard to tell with the lighting of the picture.
4 - Under the hood, it has some portion of a cold air kit. Perhaps bbk? You might look into JLT
5 - The power distribution block (electrical box by the battery) has some type of aftermarket cover on it looks like with the cobra.
6 - You still have all the stickers around the engine which is part of it being low mileage. Rare to have it as miles go up
7 - Cobra in grill is aftermarket (was a horse) but everyone changes this as their first mod
8 - With your mileage, if the tires were stock they would be Eagle F1. I can't tell from the pic.
9 - That signature by JC is amazing. Definitely something they had to seek out somewhere.

Great looking car!!! I am sure you will love it. I still love mine after 15 years.

Thank you for the nice detailed write up. It is nice reading about what people notice with the car. I know quite a bit, but compared to a lot on this forum, very little. Thanks for the idea of JLT. I like the idea they have a no tune intake, and I also read it will make the supercharger whine a bit louder which is an added bonus. I’m addicted to that sound already, although only been in boost 2x’s.

Unfortunately the tires aren’t the stock tires, not sure when they were changed but now they’re Bridgestone. Look brand new, so maybe the dealership I bought it from changed them out when they took the car into their inventory?

The cover of that box looks to be the carbon fiber as around the steering wheel, shift boot and parking brake, so I thought maybe that was a stock cover for the 10th cars. I figured a prior owner put the cobra emblem on there.

I thought when I first saw it that the Coletti sig was very unique , but now realizing after you guys making reference to it, how special it really is. I’m looking forward to meeting up with other terminator owners in the Gainesville area if I can track any down.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I just contacted Hagerty. And they quoted me at 1k for the year. Which I was ready to do, until they needed that whole payment up front. Florida doesn’t have a plan where it’s deducted monthly the agent told me. Also, I’m 43 with a great driving record. No tickets, DUI, accidents. How do you get the $400? I’d do that instantly.

Search other threads here. Many in this topic American collector, Grundy etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Do the exhaust tips have a small screw/hole on the bottom, holding a baffle in place by chance? If not, could be magnaflow like said

Goocher0310th

Established Member
A4AE4C41-CEAF-4083-AAE9-86CA15F981BD.jpeg
F1E04761-25DC-419E-BC74-A1327F7C66BA.jpeg
Do the exhaust tips have a small screw/hole on the bottom, holding a baffle in place by chance? If not, could be magnaflow like said

Here are pics I just took. I guess a bassani.

Search other threads here. Many in this topic American collector, Grundy etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I’ll do that. I was already thinking Grundy.

That may not be the stock supercharger pulley lurking behind that cover. It looks silver (?)

Good eye! I just went and looked. It has a 2.90 Reichard Racing pulley. I’m actually a bit disappointed at this though.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Looking at engine pic.

Mass air flow sensor isn’t clocked proper.

I recall reading a lot of threads on that issue.

Confused by this, car is running perfect. Beyond my expertise, I need to go to a tuner from what’s been discovered. I’ll take a day and drive over to VMP.

whipple1raptor

Established Member
I just contacted Hagerty. And they quoted me at 1k for the year. Which I was ready to do, until they needed that whole payment up front. Florida doesn’t have a plan where it’s deducted monthly the agent told me. Also, I’m 43 with a great driving record. No tickets, DUI, accidents. How do you get the $400? I’d do that instantly.

It sounds like you got the right quote.... Depending on how much you wanted to get a gauranteed value for.

I insured with Hagerty recently for a guaranteed value of 40k full insurance and I'm 42 and got a 1k yearly payment plan.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Good eye! I just went and looked. It has a 2.90 Reichard Racing pulley. I’m actually a bit disappointed at this though.

nah, dont be disappointed, it is probably a good thing. the difference in power and torque is amazing. it's a huge increase in the driving enjoyment and "fun factor" as compared to the eaton on stock boost.

Liquidsnake

Lok'tar Ogar
Established Member
The intake on your car may be an old school intake from the early cobra days, it looks similar to the UPR one. I bought a car a couple years ago and it had a very very similar one, and it had been installed for 10 years+. I wish I could remember what the company was but they don’t exist anymore.

speedoflife

Established Member
View attachment 1590415 View attachment 1590414

Here are pics I just took. I guess a bassani.

Thank you, I’ll do that. I was already thinking Grundy.

Bassani Extreme. I have the same catback pipes. Sweet looking tips and I love that they’re 4 inch.

Nice car! I hope you love it.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Bassani Extreme. I have the same catback pipes. Sweet looking tips and I love that they’re 4 inch.

Nice car! I hope you love it.

Thank you. This car is amazing. If I’m not driving it, I keep walking into the garage to look at it.

Cool, thanks for the clarification on the exhaust. It gives off a great sound. Not overly loud but nice deep tone. I really like it. Before I looked at this car, if it had still had stock I was thinking Borla Stingers, but this setup will work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread