Bought my 5th cobra, installed pulley and SCT is messed up, gotta wait on their experts to fix...

Dimitri318

Established Member
3C6982BF-026A-45DB-AF32-D8D25693DA85.jpeg
091A0AB8-99B9-48F8-A68A-537C566BDEFA.jpeg
D98167DB-2337-423E-B695-B11B41F08DC5.jpeg
Hey guys, I haven’t posted in a few years but I broke down and bought my 5th cobra. It is an 04 Mystichrome vert with 130k miles and was bone stock down to the air silencer except for JBA catback on it. Well within 2 weeks of owning it, I’ve put a K&N CAI I had sitting in the garage from one of my old cobras, Bassani off-road X-Pipe, MGW shifter, Maximum Motorsports firewall adjuster and quadrant, a 2.9 Metco upper pulley and a green gates belt. I’m on vacation for 2 weeks at the beach and picked up a tuner with a tune already installed before I left. I got down to the beach and installed the pulley and put NGK plugs in the car, and went to upload the tune but it sat on the uploading file screen for 30 min. I finally called SCT before they closed yesterday and I had to give them the computer code and serial number off the SCT and they told me it’s a software malfunction and they would get back to me. Has anyone had this problem before and do you guys know how long it’ll take to fix this? I’m at my cousins condo that’s right on beach so I don’t need to drive at all for the next week but just in case something happens, I would want to be able to drive the car. I know I can drive it, I just can’t get into boost but I don’t want anything to happen. I just hope it doesn’t take SCT too long to get back to me or I don’t have to send it off to get fixed so was just asking if this has happened to anyone? Here’s some pics of the car in the mean time, glad to be back in a cobra

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats looks clean. Did you buy it from High End? Not sure on SCT but I’ve heard there customer service isn’t the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Congrats on the Mystichrome score!

The times I have seen upload issues reported have normally been caused by not updating firmware to the latest or not using a battery charger and subsequently the battery voltage drops too low during the upload. In the GT500 community, I know of a case were the low battery issue required the car be towed to the dealer and have the PCM replaced.

Others have received a fix from SCT. Here’s hoping it’s something quick and easy for you.

A question for you... after that many miles, how is the Mystichrome leather holding up?

MG0h3

Established Member
If the handheld came with the car, use the return to stock feature.

Download the sct updated and update the handheld.

It’s blank at that point and don’t beat the car, who knows what the “stock” tune in the handheld is.

Contact 04sleeper on here and he can remote tune you

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dimitri318

Established Member
Congrats looks clean. Did you buy it from High End? Not sure on SCT but I’ve heard there customer service isn’t the best.

Actually yes I did buy it from High End, they had it for $16,000 and another Mystichrome vert for $26,000 with 40k miles on it so I decided to buy this one bc I’m eventually gonna redo the motor anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Mystichrome score!

The times I have seen upload issues reported have normally been caused by not updating firmware to the latest or not using a battery charger and subsequently the battery voltage drops too low during the upload. In the GT500 community, I know of a case were the low battery issue required the car be towed to the dealer and have the PCM replaced.

Others have received a fix from SCT. Here’s hoping it’s something quick and easy for you.

A question for you... after that many miles, how is the Mystichrome leather holding up?

Thanks brotha, this is my first mystichrome and I love it! I’ve had more people in 2 weeks tell me how good the car looks than any of my other cobras. And they ask if it’s a custom paint job and they look shocked when I tell them it’s stock lol. The seats show a lot of wear in the front actually but the back look brand new. I can post up some pics later if you wanna see them. And the steering wheel is pretty much faded to black, I think it was you that gave me the link and I bought the refurbished steering wheel off of eBay. It’s sittkng in the garage for now until I get the car running how I want it and I’ll put it on when I put the turbos on it and treat it like a garage queen.

And it’s funny you mention the battery voltage bc it was at 12.5 when I started and 20 min after the fans running, it dropped to 11.5 and that’s what SCT told me was the problem. I hooked the car up to a battery charger and got the battery back up to 12.5 volts and the tune still wouldn’t load so I don’t know..

If the handheld came with the car, use the return to stock feature.

Download the sct updated and update the handheld.

It’s blank at that point and don’t beat the car, who knows what the “stock” tune in the handheld is.

Contact 04sleeper on here and he can remote tune you

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

The handheld was actually bought just a few days ago and Rick at Amazon tuned it for me so I know that’s not the problem. He’s tuned 3 if my cars and I’ve never had a problem so that’s why I figured I’d ask everyone here. I’m waiting on SCT to contact me back and see what they say or else I’ll get back in touch with Rick bc he’s been nothing but helpful through this whole process so we shall see what happens, hopefully I’ll get a reply soon..

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Thanks brotha, this is my first mystichrome and I love it! I’ve had more people in 2 weeks tell me how good the car looks than any of my other cobras. And they ask if it’s a custom paint job and they look shocked when I tell them it’s stock lol. The seats show a lot of wear in the front actually but the back look brand new. I can post up some pics later if you wanna see them. And the steering wheel is pretty much faded to black, I think it was you that gave me the link and I bought the refurbished steering wheel off of eBay. It’s sittkng in the garage for now until I get the car running how I want it and I’ll put it on when I put the turbos on it and treat it like a garage queen.

And it’s funny you mention the battery voltage bc it was at 12.5 when I started and 20 min after the fans running, it dropped to 11.5 and that’s what SCT told me was the problem. I hooked the car up to a battery charger and got the battery back up to 12.5 volts and the tune still wouldn’t load so I don’t know..

The handheld was actually bought just a few days ago and Rick at Amazon tuned it for me so I know that’s not the problem. He’s tuned 3 if my cars and I’ve never had a problem so that’s why I figured I’d ask everyone here. I’m waiting on SCT to contact me back and see what they say or else I’ll get back in touch with Rick bc he’s been nothing but helpful through this whole process so we shall see what happens, hopefully I’ll get a reply soon..

Ahhh yes. Glad you got the wheel. I forgot who got it when I posted the link. It will look great installed. I’d try a deep cleaning of the one that turned to black. You have nothing to lose.

As for the tune upload problem, it sounds like it was a battery voltage thing. Hopefully the PCM didn’t get corrupted. A battery charger hooked up while flashing a tune is good insurance against this very problem.

Dimitri318

Established Member
Huh...thats odd.

That’s what I said, I’ve never had a problem before but now the SCT is stuck on the applying options menu. I hooked the car up to a battery charger and it’s reading 12.8 volts so it’s holding a good charge. I called SCT and they said it could take up to 2-3 weeks before they could get back to me, wtf kind of service is that?!? I have the 2.9 pulley on and the plugs in and really don’t feel like taking them out to drive 4 hours back home next week. You guys know of anything I could do to upload this tune?

Users who are viewing this thread