Bought my dad's vert!!!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Sorta sad but good at same time! Now I got three pimp ass Stangs, but what sucks ass is he sold the 351 out of it because he needed more money than I could afford to give to him... some guy from OK picked it up last week. :whine: That would have been a sick ass motor to keep in the car, but we got 8K for it, so I got a better deal on the remains of the car from pops... the car has sat for the past 4 years pretty much rusting away, and my dad lives in CA now so gave up hopes for it ever running. It is at my friend's shop right now putting my 306 in it, should have it out at a gtg in a few weeks hopefully... It was almost done with the 351, tuned and everything, but then my dad said f it and we worked out a payment plan. Sold the 351 for most of the money and the rest is history. Anyway, she won't be all that fast, but its got sweet tunes!:eek: Much better than the stereo in my 86... All P/G and Focal with a 9255 Clarion radio... old school! Just thought I'd share... what sucks is it still has the YSi on it, so I hope the 306 lasts me at least till next year. I underpullied the crap out of it, so my friend and I calculate about 12 psi, hope on Torco that it won't fry the stock rebuild.:bash:

JKD

Banned
STROKD said:
Sorta sad but good at same time! Now I got three pimp ass Stangs, but what sucks ass is he sold the 351 out of it because he needed more money than I could afford to give to him... some guy from OK picked it up last week. :whine: That would have been a sick ass motor to keep in the car, but we got 8K for it, so I got a better deal on the remains of the car from pops... the car has sat for the past 4 years pretty much rusting away, and my dad lives in CA now so gave up hopes for it ever running. It is at my friend's shop right now putting my 306 in it, should have it out at a gtg in a few weeks hopefully... It was almost done with the 351, tuned and everything, but then my dad said f it and we worked out a payment plan. Sold the 351 for most of the money and the rest is history. Anyway, she won't be all that fast, but its got sweet tunes!:eek: Much better than the stereo in my 86... All P/G and Focal with a 9255 Clarion radio... old school! Just thought I'd share... what sucks is it still has the YSi on it, so I hope the 306 lasts me at least till next year. I underpullied the crap out of it, so my friend and I calculate about 12 psi, hope on Torco that it won't fry the stock rebuild.:bash:

Sucks about the 351, but very cool on the car. :thumbsup: Can't imagine the stereo is better then Strokd's because that system rocks too. Blown verts are really fun ides. Can't wait to finally check it out.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
Sucks about the 351, but very cool on the car. :thumbsup: Can't imagine the stereo is better then Strokd's because that system rocks too. Blown verts are really fun ides. Can't wait to finally check it out.
Yea, aw well, at least he didn't sell the whole car. He's been talking about it for a while, and I've been trying to put off finishing it so he wouldn't sell it, and now that it's almost done, he gives up...:bash: Aw well, I guess for as long as he kept it I made out. We bought this car BRAND new, and it was my first car, so I hae an attachment to it sentimentally. Didn't want to see such a clean car go to someone who was going to butcher it or total it... Motor's can be made at any time, but at least I still have the body which are becoming almost impossible to find these days. Don't make em (Foxes) like they used to...:shrug:

Oh and Steve, you have NO idea on this stereo... lmao, it's the GOODS! The sub alone costs $800 bucks.:D

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
Good deal Matt, now I just need to get back to see them all, haha.
Thanks man, we can go cruisin when you get back for turkey day or whenever...

JKD

Banned
foofinator said:
Sweet dude, the number one question..

How fast will it be?

Hey Foofy. Change your avatar too punk. Your membership to that club was revoked when you ADDED parts to your car and made LESS horsepower, 30 less asa matter of fact. hahahaha.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
foofinator said:
Sweet dude, the number one question..

How fast will it be?
Well the 302 made 477 before it popped with a S trim, I think it'll make around 520ish, at least that is my goal with the fresh motor... same parts that were on the 302, just a rebuilt block and better blower. That is all I could afford right now. Can't up the boost on the YSi cause the block would crack or it could throw a rod through the pan.:eek:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JKD said:
Hey Foofy. Change your avatar too punk. Your membership to that club was revoked when you ADDED parts to your car and made LESS horsepower, 30 less asa matter of fact. hahahaha.
He only made 470 rw with a rebuild?:uh oh: What the hell happened?

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
JKD said:

On 3...Honk, Go...

JKD

Banned
DHG BULLITT said:
On 3...Honk, Go...

You talk alot of shit for someone who is too chickenshit to race. We'll go from whatever your best race, dig, roll or whatever you want. No honking, I'll give you the move and I will chase you.

Now all you have to do is race, but you'll probably back out as usual. Factory freak my ass. 11 second car with a 15 second driver and you still talk, but that's all you do. Come on Sheldon, step up and take a shot. :shrug:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
JKD said:
You talk alot of shit for someone who is too chickenshit to race. We'll go from whatever your best race, dig, roll or whatever you want. No honking, I'll give you the move and I will chase you.

Now all you have to do is race, but you'll probably back out as usual. Factory freak my ass. 11 second car with a 15 second driver and you still talk, but that's all you do. Come on Sheldon, step up and take a shot. :shrug:

Who are you calling chickenshit? I didn't want to race ONE night, I attended my Grandpas funeral that morning sorry if I wasn't feeling in the mood to drive 120 down the highway.

back out as usual? I didnt realize I got called out to run every week like someone I know (you in particular because you tell us how much faster your fox is because our cars our pigs but you've yet to beat Jeremy, or proven that you've beaten him anyway)

Don't take it so personal man...just a joke, I'm not the only one in this forum that knows how you like to go before the 3rd honk sounds.

how bout a 30 punch from 1st...you can chase...if your car can get traction in time to catch up I commend you, but I doubt it. :beer:

Last edited:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
STROKD said:
He only made 470 rw with a rebuild?:uh oh: What the hell happened?

Well they were tuning from the ground up on a fresh motor...I'm sure it has more in it that 470, I've raced it, he's good to 2 cars on me through 3rd...3rd is where the port cars shine.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Yeah my car is super dyno-deficient. I'm not worried about it, ask Womack.. our cars run the same and his dynos right at 500 or so.

My car also put down the same numbers as another car with the same mods at HPP. I think the heat killed the numbers, but honestly.. I don't care. On the street is all that matters to me and it still does alright. I just need to get my ass on the twin screw fund.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
And damn Sheldon, you were lucky to even get one honk out of Steve!

Usually it's just GO. If you chase its a race!

My pig is down to go at any time. Hell Steve, pullied cars beat me on the dyno all day long right, what do you have to worry about?

I'm sure mine's heavier than most too, with all the extra parts always falling off and shit.

My car is a total dog :(. When do you want to run? :D

JKD

Banned
DHG BULLITT said:
Who are you calling chickenshit?

You, duh.

DHG BULLITT said:
I didn't want to race ONE night, I attended my Grandpas funeral that morning sorry if I wasn't feeling in the mood to drive 120 down the highway.

Once again you are giving your car way too much credit. Oh yeah, I forgot, it's a factory freak. :lol:

DHG BULLITT said:
back out as usual?

Yup.

DHG BULLITT said:
I didnt realize I got called out to run every week like someone I know
A couple of reasons for this. 1) You ALWAYS have some lame exuse about why you made a bad pass, just admit you cannot drive and work on it.
2) Why bother, you won't run anyways even after talkin all that smack.
3) Your car is a factory turd.

DHG BULLITT said:
(you in particular because you tell us how much faster your fox is because our cars our pigs but you've yet to beat Jeremy, or proven that you've beaten him anyway)

Get your story right, I've never said your car is a pig, I said Jeremy's car is a pig. That's me and Jeremy verbally sparring because it's funny. Your car could quite possibly be moderately quick - with someone else driving.

DHG BULLITT said:
Don't take it so personal man...just a joke

Trust me I don't. It's all in fun and the guys know this. Jeremy just likes to poke fun at me because I refuse to let him and Womack work on my car and just fix it instead of some other things I have in mind. But maybe if you hung out abit more and got to know me you would know these things instead of worrying about me "being mean to you" I can't be held responsible for the overdose of estrogen in your system. Get over it.

DHG BULLITT said:
I'm not the only one in this forum that knows how you like to go before the 3rd honk sounds.

If your car was the factory freak you claim the slight second of a honk should be no problem for you. That's just Jeremy and his antics at work yet again.

DHG BULLITT said:
how bout a 30 punch from 1st...you can chase...if your car can get traction in time to catch up I commend you, but I doubt it. :beer:

Care to put $100 with that statement? I don't even care if you get it from your parents like you did the car.

Now, the next time you think I am mean to you, keep in mind I can get MUCH worse. :kaboom: :-D

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
SVT Lurch said:
Give me 10 cars and a hit?
He gets a 274 word reply and I get nothing? You must be scared, nay terrified.

And I used MS Word to count it, so I don't want to hear any smartass comments about how I have too much time on my hands.

Last edited:

JKD

Banned
SVT Lurch said:
He gets a 274 word reply and I get nothing? You must be scared, nay terrified.

And I used MS Word to count it, so I don't want to hear any smartass comments about how I have too much time on my hands.

Your car isn't even a blip on the radar. Feel better? :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread