Boyd Coddington's Hot Rod Shop - DEAD

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
http://www.americanracing.com/

American Racing bought Boyd Coddington wheels, so it seems to me that Jo took the huge paycheck from AR wheels, then let the shop go down the tubes so she didn't have to work anymore.

I never liked Boyd at all. Didn't like his cars either.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Boyd couldn't run a business while he was alive, what makes you think it would survive in his absence?

The best part of that sahow I ever saw was when they were getting a parts delivery C.O.D. and his x-wife wouldn't pay for the parts. Suppliers wouldn't extend him a line of credit because he wasn't good for it.

oldmodman

Established Member
Out of all the characters on that show my favorite was that old guy that knew how to do EVERYTHING! And had no sympathy for Dwayne and his self induced problems.

Anyone that make acetylene bombs and scares the crap out of everyone in the shop is OK in my book.

I think he passed away just before the show ended.

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
Out of all the characters on that show my favorite was that old guy that knew how to do EVERYTHING! And had no sympathy for Dwayne and his self induced problems.

Anyone that make acetylene bombs and scares the crap out of everyone in the shop is OK in my book.

I think he passed away just before the show ended.

That was Roy Schmidt - he was the metal worker who died of lung cancer...

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
I drive by there like twice a day its been closed since he died for the most part. And they have a sign up for someone thats moving in or maybe a rent this lot sign don't remember been drinking :)

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I didn't believe half of the dumb stuff they did on that show. I don't think they are like that in reality, yelling at their workers. A lot of it is just fabricated for tv. The same with American Chopper. A bunch of dumb ass drama. Just build the cars. That's why I like watching Foose. No yelling, no throwing stuff. Just building.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Well its honestly the first i've heard about Boyd dieing... Maybe I should pay more attention to things huh?

Anyways, sucks to hear about his shop closing.

Users who are viewing this thread