Br7 ???

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The BR7EF is the one we use. For your power level and probable amount of boost the TR6 (#4177) is best, the BR7's would be too cold unless you're running 18+ pounds of boost.

mcafferty

Established Member
I am having a hard time with this one. my tuner said i should use the BR7EFS plugs but i have heard a lot of diff things out there about idle, etc. The truck is my DD in the spring, summer and fall. I respect my tuners and his knowledge. I have not had any problem with the TR6 that i have in there now and the only change will be the long tube headers (no cats) witch should drop .5-1 lb of boost from what i hear. any advise would be great.

qk01lightning

Established Member
+2 on what fade said. i have used both and like 90% of us will tell you the tr6 has a lot smoother idle than the br7. but it is your truck so do what makes you comfortable. good luck either way you go.

mcafferty

Established Member
is the idle the only down fall to running a cooler plug? any downfall in performance? I want to thank all of you for your info.

mcafferty

Established Member
thanks for the info guys but what are the down falls for a cooler plug? foul out easy?

Users who are viewing this thread