Braille battery

125oh

Established Member
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Braille battery model b14115 . It's the 11.5 lbs one it says it's good for most street / race car applications . It has 360 cold cranking amps . I'm not real smart on batteries will this be sufficient for a weekend car ?

WIPLASH1

Established Member
I ran a battery with less than that on my last weekend car. I'm runnning a b2618 which has 4XX CCA I believe and it has no problem starting the car at all. During a dyno session we had doors open, chimes on, key on (so the LED's and taillights were lit) for 20-30mn's at a time and the battery had plenty to start the car.

With a dry cell battery the biggest thing is to prevent it from going dead too many times. They'll only take it a dozen times or so and the batteries life will be all but over.

125oh

Established Member
Will do^ I'm gonna try it and delete the windshield washer fluid res . Should be a good weight savings .

Torchy

Established Member
I'm using the B2317RP and it works great. My car was at sema in a booth and we never disconnected the battery. Basically lights were on, doors were open and closed constantly. Battery didn't quite have enough to start the car after 5 days of this.

Put a quick charger on it, and it fired right up. Let it run for 10 mins, turned it off and started it back up instantly and it was back to new.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I had Braille battery's in my Lightning. they sucked. If the electric radiator fans were turned on with motor off. The battery would die in 2 minutes. I tried two different Braille batterys and the result were the same.
If I was to put a light weight battery in my Mustang. I would look at the Lithium ion battery's from lithiumpros.

Digital

Established Member
I had a braille in my cobra and had zero issues. I have a lithium battery in my bike now and I love it.

125oh

Established Member
The lithium pros are a lil to much for me . I'm sure they are great but it's 20 pounds savings I'll give the Braille a try . From the reading I have done I'm not sure if the 11 # pound one is big enough (360 cca ). Some say you need the 15# one .
Touchy which one is the one you have ? How much ?

Torchy

Established Member

125oh

Established Member
Car never gets out in the rain or snow . 7200 k on it now and I haven't used it one time

Fastnature

Established Member
The 17 pound one with right post power. B2317RP

If I were to do it over again I would go with these guys. I just discovered them at SEMA a few days ago. Its a lithium battery at non lithium prices.

Ask for Eric and tell him yall met at SEMA and to give you the SEMA special pricing lol.

Antigravity Batteries- The lightest, smallest and most powerful Lithium-Ion Motorcycld Batteries

Like $200ish for a battery that will work on our car. 6 pounds total weight. Cant beat it.

Torchy
Do you remember which one of there batteries it was

WIPLASH1

Established Member
Rain X helps a lot. Most other things will come off with the windshield wipers.
This. Plus for me it's been 10 years since I've ran wipers in my summer car. Between my last car and this one I've seen rain maybe 5 times without wipers and with the RainX it's not an issue. Not having washer fluid is meaningless in a summer car.

pickles

Established Member
Anyone know off hand, exactly how much the OEM battery weighs?

My car is an hour out of town, otherwise i'd weigh it myself

Users who are viewing this thread