brake bleeding question

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, I installed a stop tech 14" 4 piston kit on a 2012 5.0 and bled them a few times. The brake pedal feels stiff/normal when the car is off but when you turn it on, the brake pedal feels light for an inch then Is stiff.

I've bled them a few times and still have this issue. What I have noticed is fluid pooling up above the threads on the bleeder screw. I wipe it and it comes back.

Could this be causing my issue? I've bled brakes before and bled my brembos perfectly. I have a bleeder suction tool that I used first and used the old method of having a person step on the brakes, open up the screw, close it and release the brakes. Nothing seems to work. The pedal still feels Spongy for an inch of travel then goes stiff like normal.

Cliffs: bled brakes, fluid pooling up above bleeder screw, I wipe it, it still appears, bleeder screws are tight. Is this causing issues with the pedal being soft then stiff when you press the pedal all the way down?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Replace those bleeder screws and see if it still leaks. Any air is bad. Also sometimes these cars need an ABS bleed done with an IDS as well as a manual bleed.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I already had the kid order speed bleeders as I thought air was getting into the system via those shitty bleeder screws. I'll have to see if that helps, if not I'll just have him go get an ABS bleed done.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread