Brakenetic Rotors for 2014 GT500

GT/CS-08

Established Member
Hey guys,

i just purchased a 2014 sterling grey metallic GT500 in November and I want to upgrade the rotors. I have been looking at "stop tech" but just came across a company named Brakenetic out of California that offers a complete front and rear slotted and cross drilled set and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these rotors or company?

Thanks,

frank

Imatk

Established Member
Hey guys,

i just purchased a 2014 sterling grey metallic GT500 in November and I want to upgrade the rotors. I have been looking at "stop tech" but just came across a company named Brakenetic out of California that offers a complete front and rear slotted and cross drilled set and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these rotors or company?

Thanks,

frank

Haven't heard of them. I've used StopTech for a while on other cars... but the ones they have for the 13-14 GT500 are really just a looks mod.

But if that's what you're going for then StopTech is pretty solid.

I'd love it if someone came out with a two-piece design that didn't cost an arm and a leg but I've given up on that prospect :/

GT/CS-08

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. The Brakentic rotors are about $100 less than the stop tech and they are both slotted and cross drilled vs. the stop tech only being one way or the other so I am hoping someone has something good to say about them. I know they are primarily "appearance only" but I really like the look.

RBB

Established Member
Never heard of them either. I went with some Stillen cross drilled and slotted rotors. Check them out, been around a long time and have a great reputation.

GT/CS-08

Established Member
Guys, thanks for the replys and input. The Brakenetic rotors are available on e-bay for $619.78 including free shipping. That's for slotted and cross drilled....seems like a really good price. I don't know how to attach a link or photo but the e-bay item number is "131258446602".

Imatk

Established Member
This is just my opinion, but I would never buy a brake product just because it's cheaper.

These cars are powerful and HEAVY.. there's a reason some components cost more than others.... you don't want a rotor to crack when you need to stop.

Not saying that would happen with them, because I have no idea (never heard of them) but don't take chances with your life for 100 bucks off... jmo.

GT/CS-08

Established Member
Good point....that's why I was inquiring. I don't mind spending the money but if something else is available that is just as good or maybe even better, that's what I am hoping for. If no one ever heard of these, I probably won't go with them. Thanks for the input.

C0bra99

Established Member
I would never but drilled rotors for these cars, only slotted. They have been known to crack on track sessions.

Imatk

Established Member
Good point....that's why I was inquiring. I don't mind spending the money but if something else is available that is just as good or maybe even better, that's what I am hoping for. If no one ever heard of these, I probably won't go with them. Thanks for the input.

Like I wrote, I don't know that the Brakekenetics is a good or bad company... they might be fine, just don't make the decision based on cost alone.

Stetler17

Established Member
Have you looked on brake performance.com?

I used their rear slotted and dimpled when I upgraded my 10' to the 13.8". So far I'm very happy, but haven't read much for reviews.

As long as I don't see anything negative I plan to put a set on the front this summer. Which will be the real test of their performance.

Just another option. Would love to hear any feedback on them.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I would never but drilled rotors for these cars, only slotted. They have been known to crack on track sessions.

What if you never will be on a track, only street/strip?
I've never had an issue with drilled and they still come on several high end OEMs (Porsche, AMG, etc)

Anyway, I'd like to see some weights of these aftermarket rotors, the stock ones are too heavy for street/strip and only FTBR lists weights easily.
-J

Imatk

Established Member
What if you never will be on a track, only street/strip?
I've never had an issue with drilled and they still come on several high end OEMs (Porsche, AMG, etc)

Anyway, I'd like to see some weights of these aftermarket rotors, the stock ones are too heavy for street/strip and only FTBR lists weights easily.
-J

You're not going to get any lighter weights unless they are 2-piece rotors.

The 2-piece offerings are slim to none and are very expensive.

I think if someone offered a 2-piece for less than 1,300 bucks they make out like bandits.

GT/CS-08

Established Member
R1 Concepts Brake Rotors

I wanted to revive this post for anyone interested in aftermarket slotted rotors. I ended up going with R1 concepts Premier-Series Diamond Slotted Disc Brake Rotors and I am really satisfied with them so far. I am impressed with the appearance difference as I feel they look a ton better than my OEM rotors. In addition, while I know these are basically an "appearance mod", and after only a 100 miles or so, I think the brakes feel stronger on initial bite and I have to say, I think the brake dust is better. I dealt with Kevin Chavez from R1 concepts and his communication and follow up was excellent.View attachment 65369View attachment 65370View attachment 65371

Attachments

• Front Rotor.jpg
    Front Rotor.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 705
  • Front wheel 2.jpg
    Front wheel 2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 606
  • Rear Rotor 2.jpg
    Rear Rotor 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 634
  • Rear wheel 2.jpg
    Rear wheel 2.jpg