Brandnew GT500 factory car cover...whats it worth?

ZXMustang

Banned
What would my brandnew GT500 factory cover ($375 option) be worth to sell. I never really put my car away for the winter and having to remove a cover everytime I want to drive sucks. What would my cover be worth to sell online?? It from my 09 white/alloy stripe coupe and it still brandnew in the plastic...never opened. Anyone sell theirs or know what the going rate for one is?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's so easy to get excellent fitted car covers. I'd say around $22-225? If it were a unique part for a SOA vehicle, then more but they made too many, IMHO.

Edit based on below info regarding cost.

Last edited:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I bet you could get $200+ for it on ebay. If you try and sell here after the lowballers get finished with you, $50.

ZXMustang

Banned
We will see what it brings. I hate selling things on egay. I hope I can get $200 plus for it. Its brand new and still in the plastic packaging. Never been opened.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
$250 is what I paid for one BNIB like yours.

Best I remember it is the Weathershield material that Covercraft/Cal Car Cover use. I've got 2-actual CCC's that are the Weathershield and these stockers act/seem the same.

Covercraft lists the most similar cover for around $300 and I'm sure it can be found a little less.

Since your car came with it as a factory option, I'd be very prone to keeping it though. The cover has the Snake and "Shelby" lettering on it as well as Ford p/n tags sewn into it. You may not care now, but I'm sure a future owner of the car might.

Last edited:

fastlif

Established Member
it is a really nice cover. Has the cobra emblem on the nose and SHELBY printed on the back. I wouldn't sell mine for $375 or whatever it costs. I've only put it on my car once but it is nice to have. I keep it in the trunk in the bag that it comes with(it also has a cobra on it). Just thought you may not know that since it is still in the bag.

photo2-2.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Last edited:

spincobra03

Established Member
I have the 2010 cover. It has the snake on the front. I got it for 325 plus 12.00 dollars shipping. I would say 250 shipping included would a good price.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
it is a really nice cover. Has the cobra emblem on the nose and SHELBY printed on the back. I wouldn't sell mine for $375 or whatever it costs. I've only put it on my car once but it is nice to have. I keep it in the trunk in the bag that it comes with(it also has a cobra on it). Just thought you may not know that since it is still in the bag.

photo2-2.jpg

photo-5.jpg

I also like how the rear plate has a cut out. I've only used mine a hand full of times, but its a sweet as@ cover....just saying.....

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I edited my post based on the actual info provided in the thread.

Agree with one of the other posters - I'd keep it. If you ever sell the car, it would be nice to include it.

I am keeping mine....I use it in the garage to prevent random dings when I or someone else is in there. :) Heck, maybe I'll buy yours since it is brand new but it sounds like you have a line of buyers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread